Search results

1. sailman

high nitrates in tank and tap water..

i am having problems with my nitrate levels in my tank.. currently i am doing 20% water changes weekly to try and bring it down.. today i tested after the water change and the nitrates were still very high.. so i decided to test my tap water.. i have well water.. after testing the tap found that...
  2. sailman

New lights temp. up Help

I added some new T5 lights and my temp. went from 78 to 84. What I want todo is to add a 120mm fan to my canopy but how do i wire it up. I need to get from 120v to 12v. No heater in tank. Thanks.
  3. sailman

T5 lights how long on/off HELP!!!

I just put in two 4 foot/2 lamp T5 fixtures from Sunlight Supply and six moon lights. The LFS sold me 2 54w 420nm Actinic (in the back) 1 Actinic white, 1 Aquasun (front)and 6 moon lights (middle). All this is under my canopy and is on top of a 90gal Allglass tank. All are on timers. What I...
  4. sailman

Lighting Help Needed..

I need a recommendation for the combination of T5's to use... I am looking at a 48 inch 8x54W Sunlight Supply Tek Light High Output Fluorescent Lighting Fixture... any help would greatly be appreciated.. my tank dimensions are: 25.5 T x 18 D x 48 L we currently have live rock, fish only...
  5. sailman

UV Sterilizer...

i know this has probably already been asked a thousand times..but here it goes again.. i need to get a UV sterilizer for my tank.. i need some recommendations... brand, make, model...i currently have a 90 gallon tank but would like to get a sterilizer for a bigger tank because im looking...
  6. sailman

snowflake eel question...

today we went and got my snowflake eel.. ive wanted one for awhile and did some research and decided to go with it.. after having a 'priceless' experience.. we put him in the tank.. for those wondering heres priceless: cost of a snowflake eel... $39.99 cost of piping for eel to hide...
  7. sailman

OT:priceless....

snowflake eel..... $39.99 pipng for eel to hang out in...... $9.99 scaring your wife to death by telling her the eel got out.......... PRICELESS! :whstlr: :smirk: :LOL:
  8. sailman

T5-HO or VHO Reto Kit ??? HELP

https://diyreef.authsecure.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=55_89&products_id=459&osCsid=3fef00aa8e9cfcdcc75234b81e611e27 IceCap 46.5 inch VHO Retrofit Kit - 4 Lamps (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies > Lighting > Retro Kit > Fluorescent > 46.5in Lamps ) I would like more light, all I have now is...
  9. sailman

advice on switching to a refugium

i currently have a bioball system and im looking to switch to a refugium.. my tank has the center brace in the front (pic included) and im looking for advice on the best way to get a 20 long tank in the space i have. Im pretty sure that the center brace may need to be removed and put back.. the...
  10. sailman

EBAY 110 gal. in western NC 22 min left

110 gallon with oak stand and lots of extras for a steal of a price on ebay.. its saltwater ready... heres a link to the auction eBay: AQUARIUM W/ SOLID OAK DISPLAY STAND+EXTRAS!! 110GAL. NR (item 270100931822 end time Mar-24-07 15:45:08 PDT)
  11. sailman

starfish id.. bad or good?

i saw this on the back of my tank on the overflow.. can anyone help identify it.. is it good or bad? i saw some blue ones about the same size about 6 mos back but i havent seen them since.
  12. sailman

looking for all in one lighting

i would like some opinions and reviews on some of the all in one lighting that is out there.. what im looking for is something with metal halides, t-5 or the equivalent VHO's, moon lights (white and/or blue) currently looking at the following: Outer Orbit HQI/Compact Fluorescent/Lunar...
  13. sailman

Water movement and Power Head placement

Ok i have a 90 gal. with the overflow and return in the back left corner with the flow across the top of the tank (Cap 2200 pump). Also i have a MJ 1200 in the Rt. corner midway from top to bottom with the flow to the left of the tank. I have been told that I needed more flow so I picked up one...
  14. sailman

Local Fish Stores in NC ?

I'm looking for some new lfs in nc other than pets plus (greenvile) and fish world (raleigh). Something with a variety of SW stuff, I'm not opposed to a road trip. Just looking for something to do on a Sunday afternoon.
  15. sailman

UV Sterilizer question...

i currently have a problem with some ich in my tank.. i realize that uv sterilizers will not cure the ich problem but i know that the sterilizers will eliminate some of the free floating parasites.. ich seems to worse in the morning and as the day goes on it seems to look better and the fish...
  16. sailman

pic of my blue hippo...

im sure its ich.. the rest of the fish look fine but he looks rough.. i posted asking for reef safe advice.. needless to say im kinda lost as what to do.. hes eating, swimming, acting completely like nothing is wrong.. all the others since being feed some garlic are out swimming no...
  17. sailman

possible ich problem...

i noticed the other night that my grammies were acting kinda different they were hiding and didnt come out to eat.. well this am when i was feeding i noticed little white spots on my regal tang.. just a few days ago i bought some new rock and some snails.. only thing i can figure is they...
  18. sailman

brown/red algae id help & sponge id help

i have this growing in my tank and am not sure what it is..i dont know if it is good or bad ... how do i get rid of it? ive done a water change, im running the protein skimmer and cut back on the lighting...cant seem to get rid of it.. also have this "sponge" .. is that what it is?
  19. sailman

Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish Lionfish - Dendrochirus brachypterus

For sale or trade around Rocky Mount NC Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish Lionfish - Dendrochirus brachypterus med to lg size email me at tipstall@cox.net