Search results

1. A

Tds Meter

Oh, this was saltwater? I thought you meant fresh water. Yes, that can certainly do a number on a solids reading. Glad you got it figured out.
  2. A

Tds Meter

Unfortunately, I don't have a TDS meter so I don't know how they're constructed. I'm guessing that it generates a reading through the use of an optical sensor. I would imagine that if the liquid is overly dense with dirt the meter may consider that there's a malfunction in the sensor and doesn't...
  3. A

Tds Meter

When you tested your friend's water anything at all could be in tap water. If it is well water the number goes up even farther. As he said, in a not very nice way, reverse osmosis water will read 0 if the membranes are functioning correctly. I don't have a RO unit here. I distill all my own water.
  4. A

Tds Meter

You are absolutely right. It's not as if TDS is a huge topic of discussion.
  5. A

aqua C remora HOB skimmer

We've had one with a 1200 for going on 3 years and it has worked perfectly with no troubles at all. After the garbage we've owned before the Remora we are so happy to have it.
  6. A

RS for Mobile Devices

Re: Beta: RS for Mobile Devices Hmmm... That's odd. Seems strange that it moderated the Touch post but didn't for the PC post. Apparently things are ok then but I did get that "empty delimiter" error screen when I posted the second one from the Touch.
  7. A

RS for Mobile Devices

Re: Beta: RS for Mobile Devices ok, there's significant problems using an iPod touch (which should be seen by the system as the same as an iPhone). I did a first post from the Touch and it didn't work. I did a second from a PC and it took. I did a third from the Touch and I got an error...
  8. A

RS for Mobile Devices

Re: Beta: RS for Mobile Devices Well, I posted from my iPod Touch (which should be seen the same as an iPhone) and used the "Post Quick Reply" button and there's nothing here. The Lite skin looked fine.
  9. A

RS for Mobile Devices

Re: Beta: RS for Mobile Devices Working fine from my iPod touch.
  10. A

deep dark purple hairlike growth

I'm in agreement. That sure looks like a mat of cyano.
  11. A

NitrItes

Suprisingly enough, this is patient for her. I should know, I'm her husband. :D
  12. A

power outages

We've been down the power outage road far too frequently. A few years ago we got a generator and had a transfer switch installed off the main panel. The generator runs everything in the house except the water heater, electric range and central air. All our computers/Tivo/cable modem/router have...