Search results

1. Robzilla

WTB/WTT Vortech MP40

I will be upgrading to a larger tank soon and I need an MP40. I can either buy it from you or trade an MP10 + $$$
  2. Robzilla

Ecotech Radion LED lights. OK this is cool!

I want it! Radion | EcoTech Marine
  3. Robzilla

Pod Hotel

I want to increase my pod population since my Melanurus Wrasse has decimated mine. I have no substrate, so it is harder for pods to find breeding ground. I have seen mention of "pod hotels" before, but have never actually seen one. Does anybody have one? Or at least have an idea of how I...
  4. Robzilla

"Edge of Light" study

I thought this was interesting. It involves the aquaculture farm that I go to now for my corals. ‪"Edge of Light"‬‏ - YouTube
  5. Robzilla

WTB Vortech MP10

If you or someone you know is trying to sell an MP10. Please PM me. Thx!
  6. Robzilla

Adding more LR to an established tank

In cleaning up my tank, I moved my LR in a way that opened up lots of space for more rock to be put in. How much cured LR can I add without worrying about kicking off a cycle?
  7. Robzilla

Tank crashing. Need help bad!

I came home yesterday to see my WHITE tank. My skimmer was on steroids overflowing the cup and spewing millions of micro bubbles into the water. The DT was saturated with micro bubbles. I turned off the skimmer to see if the cloudines was just the bubbles but that is not the case. The only...
  8. Robzilla

Water turned white?

So I made a new batch of water about 8 hours ago and used B-Ionic Alk supplementation for the first time. My water is still white. I have a 250pgh powerhead in a 5 gal bucket. Using ro/di water and Instant Ocean salt. The only new factor is the Alk. Help!
  9. Robzilla

Heater blew up

So the heater in my SW change bucket blew up and I had a cloudy mix sitting in my bucket all day while I was at work. I rinsed it out in the bath tub with tap water. Can I still use this bucket? Or do I need to get a new one? I need to make water asap.
  10. Robzilla

Skimmer pump quit on me

So I have been running a Coralife Super Skimmer since I first got my tank. It was great when I was using it as a HOB on 55 gallons. Once I added 30 in a sump back in April, it stopped pulling skimmate and last night the pump completely died. My question is this: Can I just get a new pump...
  11. Robzilla

SPS opinions

So I'm thinking of making a trip after work to a coral farm to get an SPS...probably some form of acro. My only concern is that I have a Lawnmower Blenny. Would it be ok or should I wait until I can find a new home for the Blenny?
  12. Robzilla

skimmer help

I need to upgrade to a higher gallon rating protein skimmer. However I need as small of a footprint as possible as I do not have a lot of headroom. I currently have a Coralife Super Skimmer 65 and that is too tall. It was near impossible to get it in there and getting the collection cup off...
  13. Robzilla

This may be the dumbest question ever asked on RS....

Can corals poop? I caught a glance at my tank and saw a 2 inch brown string of something coming out of one of my caulastrea mouths that later detached. Any ideas?
  14. Robzilla

Bare bottom/ wrasse sleeping habits

After seeing a large coral farm here in Columbus that uses no sand in any tank except for a few trays with clams, I have been toying around with the idea of converting to a bare bottom tank. Not sure if I will actually do it but it will solve a lot of detritus issues that seem to plague a lot...
  15. Robzilla

A guessing game for you!

This is two-part Last night I saw some slime/web looking material coming from my rock. It looked like it was actually coming from the rock and there are no spionid worms that I can see. I removed the web and within a minute or two it was back. Something is producing it so I don't think it...
  16. Robzilla

Moving/feeding question

I have seen before that it is wise to stop feeding a few days prior to moving the fish in order to reduce waste product. It is Monday 3/28 now and I am moving the tank early on Saturday 4/2 (possibly even Friday night if time permits). When would be the best time to stop feeding if this is...
  17. Robzilla

What in the world is this?!?!?!

I found these under a rock. They are attached and stay in the dark. There is a small tunnel so there is a little bit of flow. Are they bad, or do I burn them and sent them to hell? Hitchhikers are popping up left and right. I just found some mini shrimp inside a snail shell, just...
  18. Robzilla

Robzilla's 55 gallon reef tank

I am moving in two weeks and saw this as my opportunity to document my tank in my quest for corals. I will be updating with the move as it happens. Here is my tank as of now. Yes, the rockscape has changed. My stock consists of an Orange Back Fairy Wrasse, Foxface, Valentini...
  19. Robzilla

AcanLighting LEDs. Any thoughts?

I have been looking into LED lights for an upgrade. Does anyone have any experience or comments on LEDs from Acan Lighting? LED Lighting
  20. Robzilla

Aquarium Stand Help

I will be moving at the end of April and need a new stand. I have absolutely no time to build a DIY so I need to buy one (yes, I'm actually that busy). I have a 48"x18" tank and need at least 30" in hight so I can have room to play with skimmer and plumbing. Also, I'm trying to be as cost...