Search results

1. theskunk

new tank project

well i have run out of patience with my little 20g tank so have decided to go with a 60g cube 24x24x24. just about as big as i want to go with in my little second floor apartment. a friend of mine bought a 150g and is going to sell me his 60g cheaper than i can get it threw work i think the...
  2. theskunk

magnesium?

so here is my question: im making a 55gal batch of mag supplement tomorrow using the 7 1/4 to 3/4 formula which is supposed to make the supplement at 47,000ppm so how much is safe to add daily? i have 2350gal with a very low mag reading 720 according to the chem calculator i need to add 31.5...
  3. theskunk

Im Back

Well its been a while. Alot has changed sence the last time i was here. Ive moved a few times and set and tore down a few tanks. Im back working at my LFS and once again heading up our coral dept. Its nice to be back into what i love. I am currently playing with a 20g mixed reef that has been...
  4. theskunk

CPR pico-c

does anyone have any opinions on the CPR pico-c nano tank. i am thinking about picking one up on friday for a very very good price!!!!!!! below wholesale and was wondering if anyone had experience with them?
  5. theskunk

theskunks 90gal

well the boss of the house has given me the ok to set up a 90 gal finally. i got a really good deal on a tank, stand, vho lighting, pump, wet/dry filter, and uv. i am probably not going to use the wet/dry as i already have a sump and a glass tank i just finished drilling for the fuge. i will...
  6. theskunk

chaeto vs. grape

i currently have grape culerpa in my fuge and am considering switching to chaeto........should i? and how should i go about it i dont want to take the grape out first and be naked as far as filtration but i also remember reading that the grape will kill the chaeto please give me input
  7. theskunk

porcupine puffer

we have had a porcupine puffer at work for a while now he only about 3 inches long and has got quite the personality. well my girlfriend has fallen in love with him. so she is getting him for christmas. now im in a mad dash to get a tank set up for him so it will cycle and be done around...
  8. theskunk

brissel worm OUCH!!!!!

ok so about 3 days ago i was cleaning some sand at work and was stung by a very large brissel worm....i had about a million of its stingers in both of my hands burned like hell!!!!! so now 3 days later my fingers ar swelling at the affected areas and itch like hell....looks almost like little...
  9. theskunk

vho....sps

would 4 vhos be enough light to grow sps in a 90gal?
  10. theskunk

Lfs

well i have been reading alot about people having bad experiences with there LFS store giving bad advice, so i thought i would like to start a thread about this as i now work at one. I can see where this can happen, i noticed at my store that employees give about half the info which i can...
  11. theskunk

OT: help we have fleas!!!!

well i have a delema both my cat and my dog have fleas!!!! i have bathed them both and they were gone for a couple of days but now they are back....this means they are in the carpet and anywhere elses my flea bags have copped a squat including my bed!!!! i would like to flea bomb the house but i...
  12. theskunk

starfish has chunks out of him?

i brought home a starfish from work friday and noticed today that he has white blotches on him that he didnt have when i brought him home. my question is do you think that my bi-color blenny would have taken a fiew tastes of him? the spots look about the size and shape of his mouth, or would my...
  13. theskunk

snowflake escape....help!!!

ok we have a snowflake eel that has been living in one of our coral tubs at work.....he was put in durring a break-in about 6 months ago now i have been given the task of catching him he is about 2 feet long.....i need ideas please
  14. theskunk

suggestions for new fish

so i found a home for my cinimon clown (just cant stand him biting me anymore) and i am trying to decide what to replace him with im thinking about a royal grama and a percula.....i already have a humbug damsil and a bicolor blenny in a 25gal is this going to be to much livestock or will i be ok
  15. theskunk

wish me luck

today wile walking my dog my wife went into the LFS down the block from my house to get some more shells for the crabs...one killed another for his shell. she asked if they needed any help and they said yes actually they did so she brought me in. the owner will be calling me tomorrow to work...
  16. theskunk

joes juice?

ok i have a small aiptasia problem....it was real bad before i did a drastic fresh water dip (about 30min) two times.it seemed to have killed it but i think before i had the chance to get rid of it off my rock it spread to the rest of my tank....ie the substrate, glass, and snails. what the...
  17. theskunk

heater explode?

i just had my first heater explode!!!! wow kinda scary....friday the 13th. i was holding it when it happened. mixing water in a 20 gal rubber tub and boom. does this happen often. im switchin from glass
  18. theskunk

gobys and blennys

i really like both and was wondering how well do they get along and can you house more than 1 blenny in a tank....when i get my 75 up i want to stock it with blennys and gobys.....also when i start my 75gal i was thinking about turning my 25gal into a horse ranch is it big enough?
  19. theskunk

hello all

my name is joel i currently have a 25 gal reef that is struggling i have been involved in reefkeeping for about 3 years now (helping a friend with his 180gal reef) currently money is tight this is why my tank is struggling. putting most of my money towards plans for a 75 gal with a 25gal sump...
  20. theskunk

theskunk's 25 gal

I set up a 25 gal about 3 months ago currently I am running a 10k and an 18k flouresent bulbs, i have a 10 gal sum/refuge with a 5' suger sand bed, some calerpa growing. i have been quite poor lately so my tank is suffering with only 10 lbs of LR. i have three mushrooms 2 kenya tree, a nice...