Search results

1. R

Small (25 gal >) cube on my high bar counter?

Good Afternoon, It has been several years since my last post, as well as since owning a sw fish/reef tank. I'm considering getting myself back into the hobby, but on a small scale. I'm looking for a true minimalist setup. As stated above, I'm interested in placing a tank to place on the...
  2. R

GSP aren't looking great...

Hey everyone! It's been a little while since i've posted...college started and im working my ass off...it leaves me with less time to do other things! But, i am having (maybe) a problem and i need some help! OK my GSP doesn't look as good as it did...i cant give you a time table of when...
  3. R

My tank and the hardwood floor under it!?!

Ok guys this might be difficult for me to explain as well as for you to understand but i will do my best!?! OK let me begin back 2 days ago...i was away for the night and a bad storm came through the area and knocked the power out of the house on 2 sepereate ocations...only for a second but i...
  4. R

Chaeto question!?!

Hey guys! I just returned from vacation yesterday and dont worry i have a few pictures to post but well all have to wait a little while for those! I have a question about my chaeto...in places it seems to be getting lighter and lighter...it was very dark in many areas and im not sure if...
  5. R

Skimmer producing skimmate!?!

Now that i dont have fish in my tank and i am not feeding on a regular schedual, i was wondering if the skimmate being produced by my skimner will somewhat drop off in amount? i cleaned my skimmer 2 weeks ago and when cleaning my skimmer i did all the normal things, although i did take a...
  6. R

Kalkwasser...cant explain...haha!

Ok guys, i was wondering a few things about kalkwasser but dont worry boomer...i fully understand how to use it haha! I beleive that in my sump/fuge, a line had formed of what i believe is the waterline when dosing with kalkwasser...its white and tough to get off...am i right? Also, i was...
  7. R

Problems with New Perculas!?!

I bought a mated pair of true percula clowns yesterday...i acclimated them as followed: 20 minutes to temp, then i put them under a drip line for an hour...currently the male looks fine, but the female is still breathing heavily tonight and isn't very active...she is actually hovering in the...
  8. R

Percula clowns and Sixlines!

In-between feeding my fish last night (midnight) and going to work today (2:30 pm) my clown jumped out of my tank and died! I was unaware that clowns jump and know i am asking myself why? Were i am tonight...in my tank currently i have the remaining clown and a sixline wrasse, i also have a...
  9. R

Xenia moving to the glass...

Well my xenia is not growing very well it seems, i got it back maybe 6 months ago or around that time and it was a tiny 3 branch pompom xenia. I now have 3 different stalks with a total of 7 branches, i an very happy with my xenia but i have a stalk that is growing close to the glass and the...
  10. R

Bermuda...snorkel gear!

Hey Everyone! I will be taking a family trip to bermuda...its a cruise that takes port in several different locations in bermuda, giving us the opportunity to experience all of bermuda! I have never been and very excited! While there i plan on doing alot of snokeling...(wishing i could...
  11. R

Refugium Light...

This might be an easy one...i was wondering if it is ok for a refugium light to be kept off for a day? i do have chaeto in the fuge...if that makes a difference?!? Thanks!
  12. R

Question about 2 Part Addatives and kalkwasser!

Ok well through the help of a few reefers, i am finally able to say that my ca is up above 400 around 430 and holding steady...i have to go check what it is at the moment (did a water change this morning)...i have also learned how to raise my ca level in my water change water in order to keep my...
  13. R

Auto Topoff System....

Hey Everyone! Well i am looking into an auto topoff system for my tank! I was suggested this a long time ago but it was never a big deal to just add a gallon a day...well i am going on vacation in a couple of weeks and i would like to have an auto topoff system to keep my water levels in...
  14. R

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to Wish Everyone a Happy and Safe 4th of July! :whstlr:
  15. R

Vacation coming and i want to make sure my tank is ready!

Hey Everyone! Well my tank is doing just fine and i am very happy with everything, but our family is going on vacation in a little over a month from now and i would like to have my tank fully prepared and as self sufficent as possible, no offence to my grandmother or anything but the less she...
  16. R

Lemonpeel Angel and Corals!

I have a lemonpeel angel that i have had for 3 yrs now...i am trapped in the middle of either getting rid of him or keeping him! This has all came about because i brought home a frogspawn corals and after a week of nothing, my lemonpeel all of the sudden began nipping at my frogspawn...
  17. R

NJ - Lemonpeel need a good home! FO or FOWLR!

I have a beautiful lemonpeel angel! Unfortunatly, i cant keep him in my tank anymore because he has begun nipping at my corals...:bouncebox I am looking for a person with FO or FOWLR tank that will fit my fishies needs! haha! Really though, he's a fantastic little fish that has an...
  18. R

Fishie needs a good home!?!

Hey guys! I have a lemonpeel angel fish that i need to take out of my tank...booooo! This was my first fish (almost 3 yrs now) and i absolutly love him but i am now purchasing corals and he's nipping at them! I am hoping to find him a good home! If anyone here has a FO or FOWLR, or knows...
  19. R

Lemonpeel...nipping at my frogspawn!?!

Well guys, whether i saw it or chose not to see it in the past with other corals, im not sure but i saw my lemonpeel today take several nips at my frogspawn! This isn't good...what if anything can i do to make him stop nipping at my corals or is it as simple as i have to get him out...man...
  20. R

Fish on hold at the LFS!

Today i went up to the LFS to actually have my water tested and while there dave was opening bags of fish! One of those fish in a bag was a sixline wrasse...i have wanted one of these for a while now, they seem to be a great little active fish with alot of color! He's on hold for the time...