Search results

1. R

Small (25 gal >) cube on my high bar counter?

i spent a small portion of this afternoon looking at tanks via the internet...i can across one other tank...an I believe that my selection of tank with be either the JBJ Nano, EHEIM Aquastyle, or the Innovative Marine 8 Gallon Nano Aquarium, which can be found here (Innovative Marine 8 Gallon...
  2. R

anyone have any thoughts on this tank? EHEIM Aquastyle link - Products Very simplistic and i love how its open all the way around...no, i'm unsure the led light would actually allow enough light for the way they display it with a what looks to be a bubble anemone, but softies..maybe...i think...
  3. R

I appreciate all both of your comments on the subject. I understand that certain items must be completed each week, whether running a small or large system. I looked at the links provided, i like the setup of both tanks, especially how all of the components are what looks to be hidden. I'm...
  4. R

Good Afternoon, It has been several years since my last post, as well as since owning a sw fish/reef tank. I'm considering getting myself back into the hobby, but on a small scale. I'm looking for a true minimalist setup. As stated above, I'm interested in placing a tank to place on the...
  5. R

GSP aren't looking great...

ok i tested my levels and it seems that a few are coming up a little low... tank temp - 80 Salinity - 1.025 Ph - 8.0 alk - 6 dkh ca - 380 ppm i put some baking soda/powder (i know i put in the right one of those two - im just really tired) stuff into my tank to raise my alk... so...
  6. R

GSP aren't looking great...

Hey everyone! It's been a little while since i've posted...college started and im working my ass off...it leaves me with less time to do other things! But, i am having (maybe) a problem and i need some help! OK my GSP doesn't look as good as it did...i cant give you a time table of when...
  7. R

My tank and the hardwood floor under it!?!

Ok guys this might be difficult for me to explain as well as for you to understand but i will do my best!?! OK let me begin back 2 days ago...i was away for the night and a bad storm came through the area and knocked the power out of the house on 2 sepereate ocations...only for a second but i...
  8. R

Chaeto question!?!

so then does that mean that everything is ok with my chaeto?
  9. R

Chaeto question!?!

i have never pruned it b/c i thought i would just let it grow until i have to prun it! The lighting overtop is a 96 watt qaud light that is generally on for 15 hrs a day...while i was on vaca it was on 24/7 for 7 days... also, is there a way i can tell that my chaeto is going sexual if it...
  10. R

Chaeto question!?!

Hey guys! I just returned from vacation yesterday and dont worry i have a few pictures to post but well all have to wait a little while for those! I have a question about my chaeto...in places it seems to be getting lighter and lighter...it was very dark in many areas and im not sure if...
  11. R

Bermuda...snorkel gear!

Well guys and gals, the big day has arrived! Tomorrow morning i will he heading up to New York to board a cruise ship that will be sailing to BERMUDA! I will be taking plenty of photographs...in and out of the water! See you all in a week!
  12. R

Skimmer producing skimmate!?!

ok cool thanks guys! well i guess that is one less thing i have to worry about while i am gone on vacation...
  13. R

Skimmer producing skimmate!?!

Now that i dont have fish in my tank and i am not feeding on a regular schedual, i was wondering if the skimmate being produced by my skimner will somewhat drop off in amount? i cleaned my skimmer 2 weeks ago and when cleaning my skimmer i did all the normal things, although i did take a...
  14. R

Kalkwasser...cant explain...haha!

today i ended up soaking my mini-jets and my maxi jet for my skimmer in vinegar...i let the pumps sit in vinegar for an hr or so...all of the white stuff came off and they seem to be pumping better but i am unsure!?! tatuvaaj...if i understand what your saying, turning off a pump will slowly...
  15. R

Baltimore SJMRC Trip!!

sounds like you guys had a fantastic time! very happy to hear that! i wish i could have attended but school comes first i guess haha! cant wait to see some pics!
  16. R

Percula clowns and Sixlines!

cool thanks! Although i have the extra water volume for another fish, i am not sure if i will venture down that road...i have had a difficult time trying to get the tright combination on fish...that all like each other and dont eat my corals... do you know anything about keeping a mated pair...
  17. R

Percula clowns and Sixlines!

thanks! would you say that a mated pair of percula clowns would be ok for my tank? at this point they are all i want to put into my tank and maybe a mated pair of shrimp i think would be cool too! ...my tank is kept very clean (as you know the main tank is 26 gals)...i have a 33 gal tank that...
  18. R

How often are your hands in the tank?

i would say that at the most i have my hands in my tank atleast once a day...but sometimes more if my powerheads aren't staying put!