Search results

1. A

Fish Sick. Need Advice.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I should look at all those factors. But my fish is doing much better. Yesterday evening he was recovered. He is acting normal and eating. Maybe he did eat a worm and got a little sick. I do have a few glass anemones I have to get rid of... I'll keep an eye on him...
  2. A

Fish Sick. Need Advice.

I just did a 15% water change and now it's down to 20, which I believe are acceptable levels. I can do another 15% change in a few days to get it lower. I think it was at 30 cause the week prior I was gone for a week on vacation. Just before I left the tank was due for a water change but I had...
  3. A

Fish Sick. Need Advice.

No, not that I can tell. Right now he's hiding in a hole making his cocoon. He's just breathing rapidly and resting in the bottom of the hole. Not eating. The other fish are fine.
  4. A

Fish Sick. Need Advice.

PH 8.3 Amonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 30 Salinty 1.023
  5. A

Fish Sick. Need Advice.

My 6 Line Wrasse is not looking to good this morning. Yesterday he was fine. Eating correctly and lively. This morning when I turned on the light he "didn't get out of bed." He's breathing rapidly and not moving or eating. Sometime this morning he went inside of a hole and is just resting on the...
  6. A

Any good bottom feeders?

My hermit crabs never ate anything other than brown algae. My peppermint shrimp died 2 days after I bought him. How about a cleaner shrimp? Will they scavenge the ground floor good?
  7. A

Need help getting rid of bristle worm infestation

Dead Goodness! Shot it! Shot it! Don't watch if you are easily grossed out! YouTube - Bristle worm
  8. A

Any good bottom feeders?

Are there any good creatures that will pick the bottom of the tank of left over food/flake food/shrimp?
  9. A

I'm not afraid the worms will damage anything because I don't have any coral... for now. They just look really nasty and I want them gone :dryer:
  10. A

Arrow crabs eh? I might try that too... wait. I remember they are ugly! I'll think about the arrow crab. Why will the population significantly decline as the tank ages?
  11. A

How effective is the coral banded shrimp? I spoke to the guy at the fish store and he said they MIGHT eat them if there really isn't anything else. He said it was better to get the 6 Line Wrasse but I've never seen him eat a worm.
  12. A

Do Clownfish Sleep???

I found this post to find an explanation to my clown fish unusual sleeping behavior. I just got them a few days ago. They never seem to stop moving, even at night. At night they wiggle back and forth in place. Usually against the current, I guess so they can stay in place. I woke up around 3:30...
  13. A

OK. Thanks for the input. I have a small tank, 12 gallons, no coral, two small live rock. I can easily dip the live rock. I can try the trap or replace the substrate. I don't think I have an infestation like the 200+ worms though. At least, not yet. If anybody else has any suggestions please...
  14. A

I need help with a bristle worm infestation. I know exactly which fish dealer I picked them up at. There are many of them buried in the sand. I can see them from the other side of the glass. How do I get rid of them? I read that I can scoop out the sand sections at a time and pick them all...
  15. A

Watermelon Wrasse Eating Habits?

Never mind. I went to the fish store and they recommended frozen shrimp. Problem solved.
  16. A

How much do clown fish eat anyway?

I knew it! Those fish made me think they're still hungry but they're really glutinous! Those porkers! Thanks.
  17. A

Little Timmy's fish went to the butterfly farm!

Hello. I finally joined a forum to answer all my fishy question needs. I've had a 12 gallon for over a year now and if I ever need info I've read books, asked my fish dealer, or surf the internet. I've noticed these forums can give quick and knowledgeable responses and they are from actual...
  18. A

I'm moving... how do I move my tank?

Thanks for everybody's help! Looks like no getting rid of my expensive fish for me!
  19. A

Watermelon Wrasse Eating Habits?

I just bought a 6 Line (Watermelon) Wrasse 2 days ago. I'm wondering about his eating habits. I've never seen the wrasse eat. I've given regular fish flakes, 1 or 2 small shrimp pellets, mini sinking fish pellets (specifically for 6 line wrasse, clown fish, etc). He constantly searches the...
  20. A

How much do clown fish eat anyway?

I just bought two clown fish yesterday. I fed them just a pinch of flakes and watched. They ate it right away within 1 minute and was still running the top of the water looking for more. Fed them a little more and they ate it all. Fed them a third time. Then fed them dried brine shrimp. About 4...