Search results

1. C

red bubble algae

If it's Cyano a turkey baster works pretty well for manual removal. Give the cyano a gentle blast or two to loosen it, then suck it out with the baster.
  2. C

Anyone have any macroalgae they would be willing to sell

Check out ReefCleaners.org Macro Algae.
  3. C

Live rock creatures

Amphipod Stomatella snail spawning Brittle star :)
  4. C

Nate's 40 breeder build

Nice! I just hooked up the Reef Octopus BH 1000 on my 40. It's the HOB model rated for 100g. Good idea on the leak test.
  5. C

Help- RO/DI unit

Bulk Reef Supply is a great place to buy stuff from. I have the 75 gpd 4 stage RO/DI. If you join a BRS group buy you can get a discount.
  6. C

Clonefarmer's 40 Breeder Reef

Thank you!
  7. C

I ended up getting a Royal Gramma and a Firefish. They add quite a bit of color and activity to the tank. They seem healthy and have been eating. They get along well and the Six Line seems more confident now that it's not the only fish. Here is a pic: I also learned a lesson in fragging...
  8. C

If I get more fish it will be one that swims in the water column and a bottom dweller. I'm not sure about what species. Maybe a Cardinal and a blenny/goby. I never know exactly what I'll get till I go to the LFS and see what they have. For corals I'd like to get more sps. I really like the...
  9. C

Thank you! The rocks looked pretty bare when I got them. Then all of sudden the Macro started sprouting out of everywhere. Thank you! I'm really happy I got a Six Line. Not only is it a cool fish to watch, but it also keeps pod and worm populations in check.
  10. C

I picked up some frags from a local Reefer today. Hammer Coral ( about 10 heads) Three Monti Green Slimer A couple Palys These are my first SPS frags. They were pretty cheap, but the Monti frags were just broken off the colony. I put them on the plugs myself when I got home. I hope I did...
  11. C

Nate's 40 breeder build

Looks like you're off to a good start. Which model Reef Octopus are you using?
  12. C

This little fella was hard to photograph. Here is the only pic I managed to get where he is not a blur :)
  13. C

How much filtration is too much?

The cheaper light fixture work ok. Changing the stock bulbs for some high quality bulbs like ATI will make a big difference. I'm not sure how much flow that set up will give you, but usually a couple powerheads are needed to provide enough turbulent flow.
  14. C

Help Identifying "SPOTS"

Any Nerite Snails in the tank? Could be Nerite eggs or some other snails eggs.
  15. C

How much filtration is too much?

You really don't need all that filtration on a reef tank. In a reef tank the LR and protein skimmer do all the work. The LR acts as a biological filter while the protein skimmer removes waste before it has a chance to break down. Some systems also incorporate refugiums or deep sand beds to aid...
  16. C

Help Identifying "SPOTS"

Sounds like it could be Spirorbis or maybe Copepods.
  17. C

ID PLEASE.. Pink Algae and a Red THING..?!

The red stuff is Cyano. I'm not sure about the pink stuff, it maybe a type of bacteria or fungus. You can suck the Red Cyano out with a turkey baster.
  18. C

Will do. I have to get some batteries for the camera. Soon as I do I'll take some pics :). Speedy lil bugger is right. This guy is all over the place. He keeps wedging himself through the smallest cracks and holes. I keep thinking he's going to get stuck, but he gets through.
  19. C

I went to LFS today and came home with a Six Line Wrasse. It's tiny, about 1 inch in length. He/She seems to be doing well, checking things out and picking at the LR. :)