Search results

1. N

Online suggestions for anemones?

Any recommendations for anemone online? I saw reefscavengers.com but haven't seen any feedback about them?
  2. N

WTB" 48" retro-fit T5

Looking for decent price 48" retro-fit T5. I live in southern California.
  3. N

Lighting for refugium

Thanks you guys! I guess it's off to Home Depot of Lowe's this weekend! I'm going to put some of small pieces of live rock. Should I put some of the sand as well?
  4. N

Lighting for refugium

I wanted to have microalgae there. I'll have some live rock as well. Does it make a difference which clamp on fixture I use? I think i had one for a red eared turtle several years ago. These are acutally energy efficient?
  5. N

Lighting for refugium

I am trying to make sure I do this as cost effective as possible so that my electric bill doesn't blow up. Won't I need different bulbs like my display tank? How long are lights typically on for the refugium?
  6. N

Lighting for refugium

I have a 28 gallon sump/refugium. At least it will be a refugium soon. Just curious, what type of lighting do you have set up for your refugium?
  7. N

48" T5 retrofit suggestions

I guess the Hamilton is an Aruba.
  8. N

Digital Salinity Tester - Any good?

It's actually for sale at a pet store that specializes in birds and dogs. It's excess inventory and will not order anyomore.
  9. N

A buddy who helped set up my tank would bring his refractometer with him to test. He said don't bother buying one since he had a spare and now can no longer find it. I need to get my own and saw the Digi-Lab 3 in 1 tester. I was jsut curious if they were any good. I found someone on craiglist...
  10. N

48" T5 retrofit suggestions

I decided to incorporate my canopy and get 48" T5 4X54 retrofit for my 80gal. Some have recommended either a Wave Point or Sunlight Supply. One LFS is selling the Wave Point for $289. I walked into another LFS and they use Hamilton retrofits for all their canopy tanks. If they order it, it...
  11. N

I am thinking about picking up one of those Digital handheld salinity, specific gravity, and temperature. Are they any good?
  12. N

Filter sock changes

Bleach is okay to use when washing?
  13. N

Filter sock changes

How often do you change your filter sock in your sump for a clean one? How many should I have on hand? I have an 80gal with a 28 gal sump.
  14. N

1st T5 light purchase advice

How long have you had your lights from them? They look great.
  15. N

Where'd you purchase it from?
  16. N

$200 actually included new bulbs for the used unit.
  17. N

A buddy helping me with everything said the Aquaticlife is normally around $370 but could get it for $340. I agree, it looks great. I'll try those sites.
  18. N

I finally have my son's 80gal set up. This is our first tank with live rock and sump. Livestock are finally getting settled. We are really excited about the opportunity to have a tank with corals. We just need lights. From everything I've read from others, it's better to go with a T5 with a...
  19. N

When is it okay to add fish or livestock to a new tank?

Thansk for the links. I browsed it a bit. I forgot to mention that I had about four tiny snails that were in the garf grunge I used. I think they may have died off during the initial seven days of cycling. I should have checked levels in between. Hopefully, they helped accelerate my process...
  20. N

When is it okay to add fish or livestock to a new tank?

Yes. Nitrite and ammonia are zero. Nitrate between zero and twenty.