Search results

1. blondie323

St croix bound

Newly certified divemaster. Heading tost croix at the end of sept. anyone ever been and if so were are the best spots?
  2. blondie323

HELP!!!! Fungus

Hi all Can someone please tell me the best way to get rid of fungus on my queen angels fin and side....impossible to get her out of the tank to qt
  3. blondie323

ick problem

I need help!! My fish have had ick for about 3 weeks now and I lost my powder brown surgeon:tears: No one in town has anything to cure it. I have lowered my salt to .19 and an soaking the food in garlic and have raised my heat to 81-82. I was told today from the lfs that I should raise my temp...
  4. blondie323

Eggs?????

Can someone please ID these for me? My friend foubd them in his aquarium today and they seem to be eggs, only problem is the only thing he has 2 of ate cleaner shrimp. Is ia possible that they have layed eggs?
  5. blondie323

Lighting Question

Hi My friend and I are sitting here reading up on mushrooms. My question to you all is .........what is considered "MODERATE LIGHTING"???
  6. blondie323

LFS in plattsburgh?????:help1:

Hi Does anyone out there live in or know of a LFS/supplier in Plattsburgh n,y
  7. blondie323

bicolor witha coral beauty

Hi all Just wondering if i can saftly put a bicolr in with my coral beauty in a 125g?
  8. blondie323

125g....FINALLY

Well it is finally happening....upgrading from 55g to 125g :whstlr: So far so good as far as water parameters go ammonia 0 nitrite 0 ph 8.4 nitrate 10-20 so hope it stays that way when I make the change. Can I expect my levels to get thrown off when I add my LR?
  9. blondie323

Mantis shrimp...HELP

Does anyone have a fairly easy way to catch an unwanted mantis shrimp who is hidding in a small hole?
  10. blondie323

need advice

HI My friend has started her first 33g. She has12 lbs of l/r and that is all. The amonia level as well as all other tests are now at .0 but there is green hair algea growing. Is there a kind of shrimp that would take care of that as she does not want to add fish just yet. Her lighting is 1...
  11. blondie323

id please...white things

can someone tell me what these things are growing all over my tank:rollingey
  12. blondie323

uv strilizer

Hi all Iam thinking of getting a uv sterilizer for my 55g...is it really worth it?
  13. blondie323

red slime algae

Does anyone have a quick inexpensive way to kill this stuff as I have quite a bit of it on my powerheads as well as some of my l/r.
  14. blondie323

new additions to family

Born 04-07-06....10 in all
  15. blondie323

help with id please

I was told this is a anemone crab...is it?
  16. blondie323

photo help

Does anyone know of a compression program other than powertoys for windows that is FREE and EASY to use. I had a free trial but cannot remember what it was and now that my trial is over I cannot post any pics. I tried powertoys but for some reason i can't get it to install on my system...
  17. blondie323

Air bubbles

I have a aquaclear filter that hangs on the back of the tank, the lip of the filter does not touch the water so it creates alot of bubbles from the water going back into the tank. Is this a bad thing? and should I try to put something in the way to stop the bubbles? I can't raise my water...
  18. blondie323

Horrible Death

Came home Saturday night after a really nice dinner at a restaurant only to discover (upon feeding) that my snowflake eel didn't come to snoop around. My friend noticed the tail sticking out behind a rock. Upon closer observation I noticed he was on his side and looking very gray. I stuck my...
  19. blondie323

dark spot on tang

Hi all I baught a tang last week and he has been in QT. \he was blemmish free when I got him and now I notice this ugly dark spot on both sides of his face. Is this a normal thing fo tangs? Will it go away?:tears:
  20. blondie323

went shopping..new addition

Well another boring Sunday afternoon so I decided to take a ride to the local LFS. Picked up 2 nice pieces of LR and a small yellow Tang. I read about cleaning my LR on this wonderfully helpfull site:thumbup: and HOLLY COW, I wish I knew about super saline dip before. It was really scarry to...