Search results

1. cioutlaw

Squamosa vs. Conch

I bought a nice Squamosa clam today & within an hour one of my Queen Conch's was on the clam, the clam shut but the Conch was still reaching in. I removed the Conch & put it 6ft. away & it came back to the clam & did the same thing again. I have removed the Conch but there is another that I...
  2. cioutlaw

CB Butterfly for manjano?

Anybody went this route for eradicating Manjano anemones? I have had Manjanos for maybe 2 years & have used Joes Juice to keep the population down but have been extremely busy with work & school the past 6 months & the population has gotten away from me. I'm sure there are hundreds of them at...
  3. cioutlaw

Calcium reactor issue

have a GEO 618 that I have been using for about 3-4 months. Works fantastic with the exception that the effluent valve gets plugged weekly or less. Anyone have a solution to this?
  4. cioutlaw

which of your fish eat Nori?

My Tangs do of course, Lawnmower Blenny & the Coral Beauty but I find it strange that my Clowns go after it on the clip & the Chromis, Wrasse & Flame hawk eat small peices. About the only fish that dont eat it is the Black cap Basslett & Gobies
  5. cioutlaw

Supporting member

Who do i contact about being a supporting member of the site? I thought I was at 1 time but maybe it ran out & I missed the renew notice or someting?
  6. cioutlaw

What did you get from Santa?

We have had her for a couple weeks but my gift to the family Tess Tess & sister Cookie
  7. cioutlaw

Great video

Eye Candy on Vimeo Anyone know how to teach you shrimp to dance?
  8. cioutlaw

wavysea users

Anyone using a Wavysea have problems with the rotating heads stop turning? I have sent mine in for repair & told its not repairable. I have 2 & have gone through at least 3-4 heads in 2-3 years. Just curious if I have bad luck or if this is a common problem with the product. Website says "built...
  9. cioutlaw

reefkeeper elite

Anyone using one? I just recieved mine yesterday, not on the tank yet but have played with it some. So far it looks pretty cool!
  10. cioutlaw

Aqua FX RO/DI systems

After doing a negetive thread about my experience with the distributor I thought it was only fair to do a thread about the manufacturer of my new RO/DI. I ordered a MAKO unit from Aqua FX(RS sponsor)with 200gpd capacity & Chloramine blockers. I would sugest ordering direct because these...
  11. cioutlaw

Salty Supply

Anyone order from them before? I ordered A RO/DI over a week ago & still cant get an tracking # after requesting multiple times. They offered a discount to RS members but it didnt work on thier website at the time I ordered(that has been corrected). I know these things seem minor but I really...
  12. cioutlaw

Aqua FX

Im in the market for a new RO/DI & im looking at the Aqua FX Mako unit. Anyone using this? what options did you go for? Have to use a booster pump? Im looking at a few others but am leaning towards this one being they are a RS sponsor.
  13. cioutlaw

OT: Some really cool NASA photos

Thought some of you might enjoy. NASA Pictures
  14. cioutlaw

Great reef video

I watch this over & over, cant get enough of it. Enjoy! YouTube - David Saxby's Reef Aquarium (extended version)
  15. cioutlaw

Bangai Cardinal grouped

How many Bangais have you kept? I have read conflicting info. Do they school in large groups? Was thinking 5 small ones in my 225G
  16. cioutlaw

Tunze stream pumps

Im considering some new power heads & have a question. how far will the Tunze 6100/6101 pumps push water. Basicly if you placed 1 at the end of a 6ft tank would you see decent flow at the other end? Or should I go with the 6200s?
  17. cioutlaw

fuge lighting

Whats best for macro algea? I was thinking about putting a growout rack for frags in the fuge...would the macro do alright under a 150w halide?
  18. cioutlaw

120gal. tank, stand,sump & lights forsale

120gal AGA 48x24x24 tank with dual Megaflow overflows, stand, 40 gal sump & a 48"Coralife Aqua light pro with 2 MH, power compact actinics & moon lights. Stand is custom made & built well & has complete electrical sysem ran in PVC conduit with switched outlets & florecent lighting underneath...
  19. cioutlaw

need a lil advise

I have a large project going & feel Im forgetting something. Ok im gonna move my live rock, corals 6 fish & water(150 total gal.) from my existing 120G to my new 225G(280G total) tommorow. I have NEW sand & about 120 gallons of fresh salt water(same salinity as old tank) & some dry...
  20. cioutlaw

Rods reef food

Anyone else feeding this stuff? I have been using it for over a year now & the fish & corals love it. Our local club had a fragswap yesterday & Rod came, talked about his food & breeding clownfish. Bought some great frags too...pics later:) Rod's Food - The Complete Reef Food This food can be...