Search results

1. cioutlaw

Cioutlaws 225 gallon

Video of my clowns from Doni. The larger I bought in march & the smaller a few months later "][/URL]
  2. cioutlaw

Is Starphire Glass worth it?

I dont think anyone can walk up to an aquarium & know if its Starfire or not without the tanks side by side. My 225 is starfire but it doesent seem any clearer to me than my 120 that it replaced although Im sure it is. As for Glass Cages I had a good experience, I think it comes down to who...
  3. cioutlaw

Garage1217's 225G starphire build of pure awesomesauce

Looking great so far! I have the same dimension tank, great size!!
  4. cioutlaw

What would this be on my frogspawn

No big deal, they are sharp to the touch if I remeber right.
  5. cioutlaw

Plumbing Problems

Disagree, He didn't say he was running a closed loop or using this for flow, 1" is more than adequate for a sump/fuge on a 125G tank.
  6. cioutlaw

Instant ocean gel food

I got some free & tried it, not bad. I think the price was pretty high & your paying a lot for packaging. Im sure I will stick with frozen.
  7. cioutlaw

Squamosa vs. Conch

I have found a couple other threads on here & RC where people had the same experience. Possible that at least one of my Conch is a Murax snail. What ever he was he is they both are now gone. I lost a couple other clams I had for years soon after the Conches were added but but going by what...
  8. cioutlaw

Squamosa vs. Conch

I bought a nice Squamosa clam today & within an hour one of my Queen Conch's was on the clam, the clam shut but the Conch was still reaching in. I removed the Conch & put it 6ft. away & it came back to the clam & did the same thing again. I have removed the Conch but there is another that I...
  9. cioutlaw

Sick Clowns! Need help!!

Possibly Brooklynella. Start treating fast!
  10. cioutlaw

Picasso & Snowcasso Clownfish for sale~

Roughly at what age do the stripes stop spreading? My grade B I think I bought in March or April & is starting to get black around the edges. Would you assume the white stripes are done spreading?
  11. cioutlaw

New Puppy! (Pic Heavy)

Nice pup!! I had a Boxer that would swim with my Dads retreivers, did pretty good till he would be distracted by a bird or something then down he would go. I always worried he might drown but he always came back up.
  12. cioutlaw

looking for free of cheap fish tank setup

Anyone have a Ferrari? I want one really bad but dont have enough money. Free would be really good. I know a lot of you people are being really nice but what is wrong with this kid getting a job and saving the money to buy his own? I worked my tail off at a younger age than 16 and had a salt...
  13. cioutlaw

Baby Bangaiis in the house!!

I have read thats a common problem with Bangais. I lost 2 adults that all of a sudden had balance buoyancy problems. I have 7 small Bangais now & have thought if I end up with a pair that spawns I might attempt raising them. Prices for Bangais have sky rocketed since they cant be wild caught...
  14. cioutlaw

Glass thickness for large tank.

I agree, my 72"x30"x25"tall is 3/4" I think 5/8" minimum was recommended.
  15. cioutlaw

adding another clown fish

If you add a much smaller juvenile it will be more likely not to fight & succomb to the larger fishes demands. If they are the same size it is posible they will fight to one or boths death.
  16. cioutlaw

zoas touching toadstool?

I would doubt it, My BTA Anemone don't even bother my Toadstool. Keep an eye on it & move if it looks like the Toad is being irritated.
  17. cioutlaw

Picasso & Snowcasso Clownfish for sale~

I bought 2 Picassos from Doni they bickered some right off & wouldnt share the BTA. 1 dissappeared within a couple weeks. Ordered another 3 months later which is much smaller & they started sharing the same BTA within a couple hours with no issues & havent left since(been a few weeks). Not sure...
  18. cioutlaw

adding another clown fish

Add a juvenile of the same species & you will be fine.
  19. cioutlaw

donireef aka woodstock!

Out of all the customers I have seen post about Doni, her service & her fish you are the first I have seen complain. I have ordered from her twice with great communication & shipping. I have also seen her post & share information & be one of the friendliest on this forum to many for many years...
  20. cioutlaw

How many times a day/week do you feed your fish?

I feed the Tangs Nori 2-3 times per day, everyone else gets fed 1 per day sometimes twice. I also run a huge skimmer & all the food is ate within 1 minute.