Search results

1. E

55 Gallon Reef Tank!

haha im gonna post him on craigslist now
  2. E

55 Gallon Reef Tank!

Haha ok i'll work on that and all my other fish are fine, i added a randalls goby today so we'll see how they all do, i'll keep you guys posted, and youre right i'll slow it down and try to trade that lunar wrasse!
  3. E

55 Gallon Reef Tank!

I have bio media like for bacteria, carbon, and some bags filled with some rocks, like carbon and something else
  4. E

55 Gallon Reef Tank!

How can it be that all my original fish are fine and all the fish i add are perfectly healthy but then they die the next day? my waters fine because i have tons of corals fish and inverterbrates?
  5. E

55 Gallon Reef Tank!

Got a bluespot jawfish from work, it ended up goign from 100% healthy to getting white spots (brookynella) and dying! also got a blue hippo tang today and added two bangai cardinals but one of them died :/ and a bunch of sps!!! So well see how they doo!!!
  6. E

Martin's RSM 130

Some updated photos!
  7. E

55 Gallon Reef Tank!

Shrimp build up in my fluval 305 pipes caused an ammonia spike or something that i couldn't detect via water testing and that's why my xenias were dying, emptied em out and xenias are coming back to life! :D Here are some updated pictures!
  8. E

Martin's RSM 130

Alright so its a mystery! most likely not copper then? pheewwww what a relief, my starfish and crabs snails are all alive so it couldnt be that! i just hope my others dont die, we'll see
  9. E

Martin's RSM 130

OK well now i dont know if its copper or not? my xenias are dying. Some of them are turning like green and yellowish, i cant tell if my sps are doing ok or dying? all my invertebrates are fine though so i dont think it would be copper, im stumped
  10. E

Martin's RSM 130

My sick xenias :( do you have any idea if theyre completely done or do they look like they could still kick back?
  11. E

Martin's RSM 130

it was doing that at the LFS but i get them for free when theyre sick, he's swimming around actively he was prolly just startled for a bit! I feed em shrimp that's hwy he wouldn't eat, hes an HERBIVORE! got him some spinach, im gonna throw some macroalgae in there too we'll see how he does!
  12. E

Martin's RSM 130

Ok cool thanks! I brought home an orange shoulder tang, but hes really sick, hes swimming into the wall the whole time, why does he do that, just faces the wall and stay there, like in a corner
  13. E

Martin's RSM 130

I just put in 2 drops in my 55 gallon it should be fine! you dont use it at all? i figure just like a once every week or two id add a drop or two!
  14. E

Martin's RSM 130

They made a huge difference, i just got lugols solution should i dip my corals or just add two drops? i added two drops so far, should i do the dip for my xenias?
  15. E

Martin's RSM 130

It might be iodide cuz my montipora capricornis and spongodes are fine :/ idk im completely stumped, i added activated carbon to try to filter out some of the copper we'll see, tested ammonia was fine, ph was like 8-8.2 and btw CHANGED MY LIGHTS IN MY RSM!!! SO sweeeeet looks a million times...
  16. E

Martin's RSM 130

So my manager lets me take any sick fish home to quarantine, ones that are about to die, and i had some nice tangs! two of them, one was super sick and died within an hour and the other died after like 3 hours but my salinity was wrong and i didnt really get teh tank cycled or anything yet. I'm...
  17. E

Martin's RSM 130

Ya its cool, their prices are kinda steep but and the 20% discount is ok, but id prefer if they could buy something for me at wholesale price from the seller, and thanks a lot guys, looks better, tanks not so new anymore haha
  18. E

Martin's RSM 130

Ha could you do that? i have no idea how to, ya its about time, its not so new anymore haha
  19. E

Martin's RSM 130

Ya the guy i buy frag packs from really hooks it up, the place in clarendon was a scum hole couple weeks ago when i went, its gettign better, theyre still getting it organized cuz all the stuff from westchester was moved here and its kinda cramped, but cool store, AWESOME shark pond with nurse...
  20. E

Martin's RSM 130

Kingery crosses I-55, and turns into archer ave haha, well i just took all of my montiporas upstairs cuz my rsm lights are not as worn out as the downstairs ones, these things are DYING!! all the little fuzzy polyps on them are starting to burn out, theyll be fine after a couple days in my RSM...