Search results

1. RSM250PEARL

MarineMad.com

www.marinemad.com is an exciting new website just launched today for us fish geeks! It's the facebook and twitter of the reefing world rolled into one where you can enter all of your tanks details down to the smallest details and keep a log of your fish and corals, add your equipment, share...
  2. RSM250PEARL

Helpful DIY Gizmos!

Useful DIY Gizmos! Wether you've been reefing 2 weeks or 20 years, we all adapt to this hobby in different ways. There are fundamental basics everybody follows obviously but for certain every individual has a method for doing water changes, testing, dosing, acclimating, feeding etc etc...  I...
  3. RSM250PEARL

RSM 250 Heater Upgrade

Well it looks like my stock 250 heater has given up. :smack: Over the past few nights I've noticed my temp dropping to 24.7º C and its warm here atm! The heater is set to 26, the chiller kicks in when temp reaches 27. I've tried turning it up but to no avail. I was wondering what people have...
  4. RSM250PEARL

Salt bucket volume conversion.

This is probably an obvious one but does anybody know how to work out how much water a 25kg salt bucket holds. I guesstimated that my system holds about 200L of water with the rock etc. I want to know how many buckets would equal %20. Hope that makes sense lol.
  5. RSM250PEARL

Balling Lite Vessels

I've posted this in the equipment for sale thread but just in case any fellow RSM Club Members miss it I thought I'd post it here too. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/drygoods-sale-trade/68047-balling-lite-vessels.html
  6. RSM250PEARL

Balling Lite Vessels

The must have balling lite accessory... These three vessels have been specifically designed for use in the balling lite method of supplementing a marine aquarium with Calcium, Magnesium and Alkalinity with the use of a dosing pump. They each hold 1.9litres of liquid and draw from the...
  7. RSM250PEARL

RSM Owners Club Member Pics!

Lets put some faces to those names in the signatures and usernames! Here I am with one of my reasons for living...
  8. RSM250PEARL

Weird unidentified growth.

Does anybody know what this stuff is in the centre of the picture? It's been growing slowly over the last couple of weeks. They look like nemo eggs like in the movie but I doubt they are as my clowns dont protect them and nothing else has eaten them.
  9. RSM250PEARL

Your most prized coral...

Here's a place to post a photo of your most prized coral. We all have 1 particular specimen in our tanks which we treasure more than others. It doesn't have to be the rarest, most expensive or most colourful, just simply your favourite. Mine is a neon green encrusting gorgonian (briareum sp)...
  10. RSM250PEARL

It doesn't have to be Red Sea carbon right!?

Can anybody say from their experiences that one brand of activated carbon is better than another in any way? I know that some claim to contain low phosphates etc but I'm looking to buy in bulk to save a little money as it works out alot more cost efficient rather than buying small bags every...
  11. RSM250PEARL

Does carbon BRAND matter?

Can anybody say from their experiences that one brand of activated carbon is better than another in any way? I know that some claim to contain low phosphates etc but I'm looking to buy in bulk to save a little money as it works out alot more cost efficient rather than buying small bags every...
  12. RSM250PEARL

Loc-line advice please.

Can anyone advise me on which size loc-line nozzles I need to replace the stock nozzles on both sides on the RSM250? Do they just snap on? I want to replace the stock nozzles with fan nozzles and plan on facing both upwards to break the water surface and use my 2 mp40w's in synch as the main...
  13. RSM250PEARL

Chiller choices...?

Which chiller for the RSM 250? I'm looking at the D-D DC300 as they seem to be popular with other RSM250 owners here in the UK but I wanted to know what other options are available, any input appreciated :)
  14. RSM250PEARL

Kay's RSM 250 White Pearl

Hi guys, heres my story in the hobby leading to how and why I came to own my RSM 250 PEARL (white) I'll try to keep the history brief... I've been in this wonderful hobby for almost 4 years. I started off with a 4ft bow front 260L tank, kept softies only with some hardy fish then about 2years...
  15. RSM250PEARL

Which ATO system works best for the RSM250?

I'm really interested in getting an auto top off system to avoid the daily adjustments to the weir shutter due to evaporation so the sump water level always remains at the optimal level. So from the experience of other RSM owners which brand works best with the RSM250 and where is the optimal...
  16. RSM250PEARL

Hello :)

Hi, I just joined and thought I'd drop a line here. I'll start a new thread of my RSM250 story so far with pictures soon... Kay