Search results

1. O

Salt Dilemma?

I changed my salt from Red Sea Coral Pro to Red Sea Salt due to high Alk. But Red Sea is one of the best salts around. You can use the Red Sea ( blue ) salt and start adding sps. One the sps start consuming a lot of Ca and Alk you can shift over to the RCP salt. There are also several other...
  2. O

Acro Bleaching

I would stop all kinds of dosing for a few days and test my water regularly. After the water stabilises I would than dose what is actually needed. That way you will not have this swings in the water parameters. And get some good tests kits to give you some accuracy in the results. Thanks
  3. O

Acro Bleaching

Try reducing your Alk to about 7.5 range. Sometimes acro bleaches at higher levels of Alk. IMO Alk at 8.5 appears to be a tad higher than normal for the SPS. Just my thoughts though.
  4. O

September TOTM!

Belated Congratulations on the lovely tank. Such a beautiful scape.
  5. O

Macna 2014 & Red Sea

Heard a rumour that the Red Sea LED lights are still under development. I think there is some issue with their systems which they are trying to sort out and hence the delay in launch from November to 2015. If anybody has any concrete info please chip in cause I am also waiting impatiently for...
  6. O

Choff's RSM 650 Build

There is nothing you can do if the acros start TN during transit. The transit time to my place from the nearest LFS is 18 hours by train or about 7 hours if I use air freight. I have lost quite a few sps in transit. By the way what did RS display in Macna? Anything about the upcoming LED in RSM...
  7. O

Choff's RSM 650 Build

Please check your Alk . High Alk can be a cause of TN.
  8. O

Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

I agree with the suggestion of your zeo friend that all other dosing except the basic two should be stopped. Why don't you just use zeostart and Zeobak for a few weeks till you have the ULNS set status and than start the other stuff. Maybe you can also ask G Alexander for a few tips. But your...
  9. O

Acro Bleaching

High Alk is one of the biggest causes oa acro bleaching. Please check yours
  10. O

Kangkan's RSM S 500 Journey

The copperbands will literally munch all the aipstasia , big and small. The trick is to keep the copperband alive with other foods once they strip the tank clean of all aipstasia . But please remember to turn around the rocks once the surface aipstasia are all eaten. Just get one copperband and...
  11. O

Kangkan's RSM S 500 Journey

Hey Wrangy, thanks for stopping by. I have been neglecting this thread due to work commitments and being busy with zeovit stuff. My Zeo results have been a mixed bag and I am getting mixed results. Another good news is that I have managed to rid my tank of all aipstasia. I had millions of them...
  12. O

fragging a toadstool

You can dice it up like a mushroom. Toadstools are very resilient and will grow back from the cuttings. Just snip it the way you like.
  13. O

Rumour: Red Sea LEDs coming soon...........

Hello Steve, Do you have any update on the dates? We are all waiting for the bit of news. Thanks Kangkan
  14. O

Torch and hammers loosing heads anybody??

Smell the affected corals. If it smells bad than it is brown jelly. Try treating with antibiotics for guaranteed cure. I had good success with doxycycline treatment
  15. O

July's TOTM!

Fantastic tank. Congratulations
  16. O

ALS Red Sea 650

You can get the doxycycline in a pharmacy. At least in my country you can get it.
  17. O

ALS Red Sea 650

Brown jelly can devastate your LPS. You can use a " doxycycline " dip twice daily to treat Brown Jelly. Try this link for more info. http://reefdreams.de/lang_eng/info_13_eng.html
  18. O

Glad for you Wrangy that you got the help from KZ. When will your stuff arrive?
  19. O

Great pics of the great fishes. I love the Anthias . How is your zeovit plans coming along?
  20. O

Rumour: Red Sea LEDs coming soon...........

At least it is clear now that Red Sea will launch retrofit led kits for the S Series. I will wait till it becomes available next year. Another test of patience once again. :cry1: