Search results

1. Big Ray

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin "One more out burst will end YOUR status here on RS." lets do it :) what do I have to say ? DELETE ME ASAP, and every post I have made here. 1 post left here, and I will take it up higher :)...
  2. Big Ray

replacing rock...any thoughts?

Acids, dissolve CACO3. when you put acid on a base, the acid will MELT the base :) so let me explain to you what they mean by that . po4 is often precipitated into coralline algae or anything else, (sand or .... basically any hard calcium carbonate based) same goes with copper and...
  3. Big Ray

you can use acid to resolve the rocks in (assuming they are caco3 ? ) , but it will not do anything to po4.
  4. Big Ray

Hello, replacing the LR will send your tank into another cycle. I would move the rocks you have to the sump area, and put the new rocks (after soaking it in RO/DI for a week or longer making sure po4 reads close to zero) in DT, use them all. Hair algae will just come back ... you...
  5. Big Ray

Cyano Help

Do you run a skimmer ? if so skimming wet will help :) also check how old are the bulbs, older bulbs shift in spectrum and emit yellowish colors which will promote growth of Cyano. good luck :)
  6. Big Ray

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Frank, first I agree 100% name calling is not cool, and apologize for my post, although he called me an Idiot first. but who cares ... (it just made me want to call him out more :D ) you can have all the...
  7. Big Ray

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin I know I said I wont comment, but Im just a human :P haha drbark, the original ATS had what I said in mind and commented on it and they even said a skimer is needed and will pull out more skimmate. santa...
  8. Big Ray

Baffles vs. no Baffles

NP :) look into herbie overflow for overflow with no air mixed in it :)
  9. Big Ray

Baffles vs. no Baffles

Hello, just bubble traps :) for water height, you dont need all 3 top under and top ... . if you are going with a nice overflow and drain pipes which wont produce bubbles, and a good skimmer with no bubbles, then you most likely wont need baffles, although I like to have them, as macro...
  10. Big Ray

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin you are welcome to go by "what you think" and call it science :)
  11. Big Ray

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Im not sure what I disagreed to lol Im opening eyes of the ppl who santa has shut :P lol and most who do use ATS will not understand the links provided. I agree that my comment towards santa was not...
  12. Big Ray

What Hood Should It Get??

look at aquatic light or current USA T5HO, you can get a 6 bulb configuration for close to 500
  13. Big Ray

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin instead of me posting another 7 pages of links and science, you can simply look at them all on those links. basic reason why ? algae, specially type growing on the scrubber release alot of organic...
  14. Big Ray

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Santa ... time to pack it up and go home .... talking out of ure Arse will work with a group of newbs, but not with biologists Zeo compatibility with Algae Scrubbers - Page 7 - zeovit.com what...
  15. Big Ray

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin 1. the Idiot is you or your mother for not raising u better ! there is no point of calling someone an Idiot just cause they are smarter than u ! 2. I am by no means connected to anyone. 3. I agre RC...
  16. Big Ray

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin 1. name calling ? LOL bunch of kids !!! watch ure mouths !!! 2. read this if u want :http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/marine-algae-plants/64274-culturing-algae-reduce-excess-n-p.html 3. go search...
  17. Big Ray

Help, large green montipora looking really bad

do a water change and see what happens. many times fading color in monti is due to low K+ (kalium or potassium) may be the case here. how are other SPS doing ?
  18. Big Ray

t5ho bulb offset

ATI daylights have the highest PAR for T5 Hos. and yes, that is perfectly fine. I personally like the bluer color more and also I like how it makes some colors pop out more.
  19. Big Ray

Day one of vodka dosing

overdose of organic carbon can deplete oxygen prety fast recheck the amount dosed.
  20. Big Ray

Placing Cheato In Bulkhead

^^^ it will clogg up your bulkhead. put it in ure sump with an air stone under it to keep it tumbling.