Search results

1. M

Back at it with the RSM250

Mine was never completely shut down, but suffered near crash and was looking probably similar to yours soon before shutdown. I decided to get a nano to start from scratch and move animals, which would allow me to fight more aggressively vermitid snails, aiptasia and just algae in the other tank...
  2. M

Back at it with the RSM250

Beautiful aquascaping and your tank is sparkling clean! I am also working on getting my old black RSM250 in a top shape again, does not look that good yet, but getting there slowly :).
  3. M

* Begginer LEDs* for old type RSM 250

Thanks, Pat. I replaced ballast once, taking the hood apart and putting everything back together took most of the day :(. Which LEDs did you use with RSM250? How did you like them?
  4. M

Dave, thanks for your input. On the other hand, I plan to sell that RSM250 in 1-2 years, and I do not think that there is a chance that investing in Steve's LEDs would raise the price much, so that would be basically a completely wasted money. Is that true that installing one LED panel would...
  5. M

Hi everybody, I have an older type RSM250, all T5s with hood. The ballast in the center (used by the third and fourth bulb) just failed, and we have been thinking it might be a good opportunity to "try out" LEDs. This is my "relaxed" tank, mostly softies with some LPSs, nothing tricky or...
  6. M

Pairing fire shrimps

Hi All, I have a fire shrimp that I love in my 65G, he has been there about 8 months. I would love to have a pair of them. I know they are hermaphrodites - but does it mean that if I buy another one they would pair up for sure? Or they could be fighting? I saw a pair of fire shrimps once on...
  7. M

Replacement blast for RSM 250

Hi All, I have a Red Sea Max 250 purchased in 2011, with T5 hood. Looks like of the three ballasts stoped working. Does anyone know if that work as the balast: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/2x24w-2x39w-t5-high-output-ballast-ati.html or maybe somebody can share what replacement balast work...
  8. M

RSM250 Flow question

I tried that, but my impression was I lost most of the flow. Maybe to long loc line?
  9. M

RSM250 Flow question

I have re-started the tank this January, and this time around, I am trying to do everything "right", lol. Changing aquascape will be much easier now, than after adding more corals. But as you said, the main question is, how to judge if my flow is "right"? So far, I am using very basics criteria...
  10. M

RSM250 Flow question

Hi All, I have read threads about flow here, I know most people are adding pumps, I have a couple of Koralia on hands. I think that my main problem, though, is that the flow from the main RSM250 (on the left in the pic) is wasted. The problem is that I have Aquaroche Tower on the left that is...
  11. M

RSM250 stocking question

Thanks!
  12. M

RSM250 stocking question

Hi, thanks for chiming in. Do you have your success is related to relative size, like small hawk vs. large shrimp? or introducing a small hawk early. when it is not(?) a danger to the shrimp so that they learn to live with each other?
  13. M

RSM250 stocking question

Hi Pat, thanks for your input, so Midas blenny is now on my wish list! Yellow is my favorite color, so it cannot get any better than a yellow peaceful fish with a personality. It seems that no online retailers from whom I considered buying (like LA or BlueZoo) currently have it, but I keep an...
  14. M

RSM250 stocking question

Hi Dave and Pat, thank you both for prompt answers :) Dave, I already have a fire shrimp, kids love it, no chance I can trade it to get a flame hawk. Bummer :( I know everybody plans to upgrade, but in my case I know I will be moving because of work in 18months time, so chances are really...
  15. M

RSM250 stocking question

Hi, Would be grateful for help with stocking. I am re-starting my RSM250, have already 3 fish: 1. Occ. clownfish (about 1.5", rather peaceful) 2. Gold-headed (sandsifting) goby (2.5-3", doing well, had it >2months) 3. Firefish (regular) (2", for about 1 month) Other livestock: 1. Large fire...
  16. M

Which ATO system works best for the RSM250?

Hello, great thread! Lethal, I also have chiller and would like to install ATO in my RHS (the same chiller is in) - is that your configuration? If so, what are your water container dimension? I am also very interested in other tips for ATO water container - do I do a regular tank? Or...
  17. M

Rainbow Acans Trimming in NY!!!

Felix, do you have any more for sale? TIA
  18. M

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Hi Doni, Thank you for the prompt answer. I am really curious about Picasso and Snowflake genetics - it is definitely not a simple recessive trait as some claim, since you got some Picasso babies from Onyx/Picasso pairing. Thanks, M BTW, you said at some point that too much shrimp in the...
  19. M

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Hello Doni, I have been lurking for a long time here and are a great fan :-) you mentioned that you should know by now if Picasso coloration is passing onto offspring more effectively by a male or a female. I am very curious what the answer is. TIA for sharing