Search results

1. Corailline

Sps corals dying

I would for sure double check test results against another kit. Have you looked at night for any inverts possibly feeding at the base. If you look in the middle of the night what inverts are out ie: Stomatella, Asternia stars, Amphipods. I would be inclined to think flow as well but I do...
  2. Corailline

Cloudiness help!?

What types of filtration do you have? How often are you feeding and what? How old is the tank? Judging by the image looks like you may need more flow, some new carbon and some type of mechanical filtration such as floss or sponge, but that is just speculation without knowing the basics of...
  3. Corailline

Acropora - Color vs Growth...

Specifically what types of acropora are these. With some of the higher end acropora it may impossible to maintain that coloration. If you can post an image that would help as well.
  4. Corailline

"Bugs" - I want them!

Try and get some chaeto, it usually carries tons of pods (that you can not see initially). Other wise as the tank ages the population will grow dramatically and decline based on available food and any pod eaters you may have.
  5. Corailline

Kenya tree not opening

Kenya soft corals are one of the hardiest corals, I would make sure that another corals close to it is not bothers it with sweeper tentacles or just direct contact. And I agree if the tank is young it is most like going through changes that we do not and can not test for that sometimes...
  6. Corailline

Red planet?

Mine is pink at new growth areas, red in older growth area and a deep green at the base, lightening as it tables. I would love to see an image of yours please.
  7. Corailline

JBJ Nano Cube 28

I am in the same boat. Down sized to a nano about 10 years ago. My JBJ 28 has been up and running for over 3 years now. They are great AIO tanks.
  8. Corailline

14g Bio Cube 70w HQI Photos.

How long have you had the BTA? Mine always stayed where they were in the tank and only moved a short distance to split. It they start to roam around there is usually an issue that needs to be address. I no longer keep them because I keep a lot of sps, but they always did well in my nanos and...
  9. Corailline

14g Bio Cube 70w HQI Photos.

Good images and nice tank. Are you using a tri-pod and macro setting?
  10. Corailline

Please help me i'm at my whits end!!

I have a sps dominated tank with lps and soft corals, fish and the usual inverts. I did a 4 day total black out when I had an issue with dino. All corals,fish and inverts did not even flinch. When I resumed the lighting I started out at 4 hours and increased the time over about 5 days. No it is...
  11. Corailline

Please help me i'm at my whits end!!

When it gets to the point your tank is, this is what my plan of action would be 1. Make sure your phosphates are below .05 ppm. 2. Remove as much as you can manually, means doing a lot of elbow work. 3. Complete/total blackout for at least 3 days. Corals will be fine. 4. Continue to do manually...
  12. Corailline

New colt coral

It is a beauty, looks very healthy.
  13. Corailline

Purple SPS Id

That is why I love the hobby, well on top of the tank, you get to interact with others with the same interest, and offer your 2 cents. When it is all said and done everyone (mostly me) knows a little more about the hobby.
  14. Corailline

Purple SPS Id

You are probably right, and most corals I see ID as purple fire corals may very well not be correct. This is a link that looks very similar to the image provided. Purple Fire Coral # 3 What ever coral it is, it is a beauty and I would love to give it a try in my tank.
  15. Corailline

Purple SPS Id

I believe it is a purple variety of fire coral. Google images of purple fire corals and you will see what I mean.
  16. Corailline

What is growing on my green brain?

No I would not removing either, just focus on directly feeding the corals. I use both chempure elite and chaeto and love both. It is really hard to find a balance sometimes between exporting nutrients and leaving enough to not starve the corals. LPS corals can make amazing recoveries and I think...
  17. Corailline

New JBJ 28 Gallon HQI

I like the Tunze 9002 but you have to do some modifications or put it in a HOB fuge. There is one that fits in the back sump but I can not remember the name Remora something I think, that others give good reviews on. If you just do your scheduled water changes, run some quality carbon and do not...
  18. Corailline

New JBJ 28 Gallon HQI

Currently I keep a pair of B/W misbar clowns and a YWG, I have the same tank a JBJ 28 gal HQI. Four small fish max is about all this tank can handle. Other fish I have kept in this tank are 3 firefish, royal gramma. Are you running a skimmer and if not are you planning on adding one? Great...
  19. Corailline

Tank turned 49 this year

Re: Tank birthday, 40 years Great tank. Your enthusiasm for the hobby is inspiring. Me I am just spring chicken going on 28 years of this obsession. Congratulations on the birthday of your tank :-)
  20. Corailline

What is growing on my green brain?

Placement looks good. And the red one looks like it is not doing too badly. For feedings it should be larger pieces of meaty seafoods, phytoplankton will not cut it for these corals. It has been my experience that this coral does not like over polished water or use of a lot of carbon and some...