Search results

1. V

Hubby's First Fish

Okay, after a lot of careful comparing I think we've finally settled on the fish the hubby wants. We're going to go for a Yellow Watchman Goby. Everything I've read says this is a good beginner fish and it should do well in his 10g tank. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether he's got...
  2. V

Unique Inverts

Yes, please! lol, I can't wait to see these. It must be very frustrating not to get the pics to upload, but the unintentional joke was priceless!
  3. V

Whats up Whats up!!

Welcome aboard! I can't wait to see pics of your tank! :)
  4. V

livestock selling ?

You had also better keep sterling records and every receipt of every purchase you've spent on your tanks as well as copies of every sale you make. You can't just declare a wash of the first three years, you have to prove it. However, you can spend more than you make back (as can so easily be...
  5. V

Check It Out! Aqua Scaping With Racks

Good heavens! This looks awesome!!!
  6. V

Firefish food?

Okay, I'm starting to get concerned about CF (short for Cussed Fish). A little background info: When I got my tank, the old owner said it came with 2 firefish along with a small assortment of soft corals, mushrooms, a purple tree looking thing that I can't remember the name of and a handful of...
  7. V

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

They are adorable!
  8. V

ID this light?

Ultimately, I'd like to make a mostly sps coral tank with perhaps a clam, the remainder of the inhabitants being invertebrates and perhaps 1 or 2 fish. Bright and startling color is going to be my focus, but I don't think I can do halides.
  9. V

ID this light?

Lights came with this tank my husband got for me. I don't know what they are. It says it's a Coralife 65 watt 10000k. Ultimately I'd like sps coral. I'm a long way from needing the light, but I'd like to know what I've got and whether or not it's worse than T5 lights.
  10. V

Varden's Tank o'Learning

What about gobies? To be honest, the list of fish we were going to research is: Tribal Blenny, Red Scooter Blenny, Twin Spot Goby and Red Crown Algae Blenny. Maybe I should look at nano fish for the hubby's tank.
  11. V

Scooter Blenny

I have just been told that Scooters are on the same level of difficulty as Dragonets because of their eating habits. It is not easy to get them to eat frozen. You can do it, but they prefer live. This is what I've read and what I've been told, so please feel free to educate if I'm wrong.
  12. V

Varden's Tank o'Learning

We aren't getting scooter just yet, but I am a little frustrated with the information available online and in the books regarding fish. All the information contradicts one another. How is anyone supposed to be able to plot out their tank when you can't trust what you're reading regarding how...
  13. V

Algae Id Please

What's that behind the codium? We've got something that looks just like that that's growing on our live rock and I've no idea it is.
  14. V

Varden's Tank o'Learning

My RO/DI unit arrived and Dear Hubby is studious setting it up with its own sink. Yay! We also bought T5 lights, which we'll hopefully get set up sometime this winter. Since I don't have any coral yet, I guess there's no rush. Also, I've noticed two new inhabitants in my tank and two in my...
  15. V

Penny Auction site for the reef

Okay, I can kind of see how this works. More like a game of Stratego than gambling. Do you have to buy your bids in blocks of a certain quantity?
  16. V

I'm sorry you thought I was bashing. I was asking for clarification. I've never used a penny auction site, but you mentioned swoopo so I went there and read up on how it works. It does sound a lot like gambling.
  17. V

Brians RMS 130 in the wall

LOL!! Love the teeth.
  18. V

Varden's Tank o'Learning

Wow, thanks so much!
  19. V

Varden's Tank o'Learning

Yay! I bought an RO/DI unit and it arrived today! Woo hoo! Unfortunately, it came without installation instructions of any kind. So I guess I know what we're going to do this weekend. lol
  20. V

Why start it at a penny if there's a minimum sell price? Start it at the minimum that it'll sell for and let whoever's interested buy it without the games. And after you buy your bids, what happens to the money you've spent on bids if you lose an auction? Like Swoopo, will the bid price be...