Search results

1. Jetbkk

RBTA -- splitting like crazy!!!

About a year ago I bought a medium sized RBTA. It has now split 11 times -- yes, 11 --- and I have RBTA's all over my tank. And they aren't small either. Many of them are as big as the original one that I bought. Obviously they are loving my tank, and I have 3 other anemone's in my...
  2. Jetbkk

1 RBTA is now 7 !!!

Glad to know this is normal and generally a good thing. I never feed my anemones (8 of them now!) and they seem to be thriving.. but there are a lot of fish in my tank so I think there's plenty of food finding its way to them. Plus I've got 2 strong 400w MH lights which they love..
  3. Jetbkk

1 RBTA is now 7 !!!

About a year ago I bought a decent sized RBTA. It split into 3 and now I have 7. They are growing and some of the splits are as big as the original one now. My question is -- why do RBTA's split? Is it a good thing or bad thing? I'm ok with it as they are really nice, but just want...
  4. Jetbkk

Need to get RBTA off rock

Move it to an unfavorable position, like not enough light or too much direct flow and it should move. RBTA's are picky little creatures and tend to move around until they've found their happy spot.
  5. Jetbkk

SPS Crash!

I'm just using Salfert test kits, all within their use by dates.. I should probably buy a PH meter to automate that one a bit. Rise in KH is the only guess I have for this problem.
  6. Jetbkk

SPS Crash!

The PH remained constant at 8, however the KH definitely went up still in the preferred range but perhaps too quickly and that could have caused the problem.
  7. Jetbkk

SPS Crash!

Thanks guys. I'm not going to give up. Just installed a new reactor running Chemipure, took out the dead stuff, and hopefully will get this show back on the road. Some corals are still alive and my rose anemones are thriving (one big one is now 5 and they've been growing) I might do more...
  8. Jetbkk

SPS Crash!

My tank of the month, is more like a pile of garbage at the moment. The other day, within the span of a couple hours, 75% of my SPS suddenly died. They very quickly turned white. The water got cloudy, but this was not from RTN (the corals turned white but the flesh didn't come off)...
  9. Jetbkk

Wrasse ID Needed

He's doing quite well in the QT tank, eating a lot and swimming around so I think he's going to be a keeper..
  10. Jetbkk

What is ur specific gravity or salinity?

I'm at 1.026. It crept up to 1.027 for a while but I'm slowly bringing it closer to 1.025.
  11. Jetbkk

October TOTM!

It was such a huge surprise to see my tank as TOTM. Thank you everyone!!!
  12. Jetbkk

Wrasse ID Needed

I think you are spot on with that. I see it is also referred to as a "Cloud Wrasse". I see they aren't very common in the hobby either so that makes it a little more interesting. Thanks very much!!
  13. Jetbkk

Wrasse ID Needed

I just picked up this Halichores wrasse from the Maldives today on a whim (and it was cheap). Anyone know what variety it is? Is it a Pearly Wrasse?
  14. Jetbkk

What Happened to my Jawfish?

I have a bottle of Copepods I can try..
  15. Jetbkk

Came down this morning see him vertical in the tank, which was a surprise (better than just laying there, I think). His buddy, the Longnose Hawkfish is always by his side. Has anyone else seen a fish bonding with jawfish?? Still not eating but will keep trying.
  16. Jetbkk

He has been a finicky eater from day one, and for the most part would only eat shrimp that we target fed him. I am sure that this led to poor nutrition and a weakened system, leading to this (whatever it is). He will no longer eat anything and is still alive for now but I'm quite sure he...
  17. Jetbkk

About a week ago my Bluespot Jawfish stopped eating and left its burrow, which was unusual behavior for him. I have had him for 3 months now and he has always been very active and looked healthy. He disappeared the last 3 days and we feared the worst. After searching for some time, we...
  18. Jetbkk

KH is low and Calcium High -- how to balance?

Short update: I'm dosing 100ml of mag daily and the level is up to 1200 and KH up a bit to 7.5. After the initial drop, with brown algae appearing, now the tank is crystal clear and the algae is gone. I did have a couple stags STN as a result of the lowered Mag/Alk I think, but the other...
  19. Jetbkk

I'm on my second day dosing Mag and I'm seeing some big changes in my levels. I'm concerned about the KH in particular. PH has stood steady at 8 KH went from 8.5 to 7 (!) Mag went from 1130 to 1140 Calcium went from 495 to 400 (!) Salinity is a tad high at 1.027. Nitrates are 0...
  20. Jetbkk

Very interesting feedback.. thanks. I actually did an initial dose this morning of 50ml (2 cups) before reading your replies so I think I did the same as what Bear suggested, only all at once instead of morning/night. However, if the label is saying I should be adding 345ml it will be...