Search results

1. K

Hydrogen peroxide and Bryopsis?

I tried the kent M for awhile and noticed it perhaps slowing growth, but didnt kill it off. I then said screw it and have been lowering my tank water(the bryopsis is on the top few rocks of my tank), spraying or squirting it on with a needle, letting it fizz, then raising the water back up. This...
  2. K

Reef Angel controller questions

Yes, it will plot the graphs on the lcd screen, as well as accessible online through the portal, your iphone/android and the reef angel client.
  3. K

Reef Angel controller questions

Hey! I have had the reef angel for probably a year now. I absolutely love it and the peace of mind that comes with it. It really isn't difficult to program. I control and monitor mine via iPhone, work pc, and a widget on my desktop. It's great to be traveling and be able to check on how things...
  4. K

Reef Angel Controller

Here is a link to my initial unboxing and what not. It's evolved quite a bit from my initial postings. I'll try to update it sometime soon. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/equipment/76866-finally-took-plunge-into-controllers.html
  5. K

Reef Angel Controller

The web interface is hosted on the reef angel site and you can control things and set up text message and email alerts from there. This is called the portal. This information is set to be queried/loaded at a preset interval and can also be set to direct connect. I was simply showing another way...
  6. K

Reef Angel Controller

I am in total agreeance with this write up. I have loved my reef angel. It's been a blast to set up and gives me great piece of mind. I will mention that I had issues with spilling water on the control and shorting a few things, but these were easily replaced and didnt cost much. One advantage...
  7. K

Shag Rug Substrate Issue

Its hard to tell from the pics, but is that hair algae or bryopsis? I've also noticed a slight slime on the bottom of my container but I think that is fairly normal. STill, its a good idea to give it a thorough cleaning every once in awhile. If its bryopsis, well i think that stuff can thrive on...
  8. K

Kessil A150 LED Pendant?

Looks like I'm a little late to this party. My brother has one of these over his 30 gallon tall. I think his is the 14k and it is really really really blue. We have been somewhat unimpressed with this fixture. My LFS also has them and they just have a weird glimmer to them. They also seem a...
  9. K

Advice on acrylic crack

Awesome. Having a hard time finding weld-on locally. Would like to get it done ASAP. I can orer weldon off amazon, but could take awhile. Has anyone heard of plastruct plastic welder? I found that at a local hobby store. Plastruct, Inc. - Cement Guide
  10. K

Advice on acrylic crack

Hey Everyone, So, the other day after I came home from the fish store, I opened the canopy and discovered this crack in the front of the Eurobracing on the top. I was thinking I could get some Weld-on 16, cut a piece of acrylic to go over the top and just glue it over for support. Thoughts...
  11. K

Refractometer FS

What kind? Why are you getting rid of it? I'm in the market for one and this sounds like a good deal.
  12. K

Any ideas on an RO/DI issue?

Well I troubleshot this issue for awhile last night and finally found that the stoppage was in the last fitting coming out of the DI resin. A little twist and it began to flow correctly. However, I am still getting like 19-22 ppm out of the RO membrane :( I feel like this will cause me to run...
  13. K

It's weird though, because it's a Dow 50GPD membrane
  14. K

good idea. Im almost thinking the RO membrane because everything flushes correctly and tons of waste water comes out the waste, just little to nothing out the "good" side
  15. K

Worked fine until replacing the filters
  16. K

Been working great for over a year, I don't see why it isn't a "good" enough one. 0 ppm is 0 ppm in my book. It is essentially BRS 3 Stage Space Saver RO System - 75GPD - Reverse Osmosis Systems - Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems - Bulk Reef Supply except 50 GPD.
  17. K

Ya I flushed it for about 45 minutes, then I have ran about 30 gallons of good out and it still has not improved. :(
  18. K

No brand or model. Bought it second hand last year. Should be together correctly, sediment, then carbon then RO then DI resin chamber with flow arrows in correct direction. I can take pics tonight if that helps.
  19. K

So, I have a 50 GPD RO/DI unit that is just the inline type, not canister (uses refrigerator type inline cartridges). I ordered a new sediment, carbon and RO filter off of ebay the other day (separately) and installed. However, my flow into my RO/DI storage container was then very slow and the...
  20. K

My biggest pet peeve about buyers!

I take that to mean it will not be shipped, that is all.