Search results

1. catran

JBJ Nano Cubes/Aquatic-Store.com

I loved the MH bulb that came with my Nano Cube. It was very white, but it I had such great growth with it that I spent extra money to add Stunner Strips to add blue for showing off my cool zoas. When it needed to be replaced, I ordered another brand bulb with a large order, but didn't like...
  2. catran

The Great Barrier Reef-tonight!

FYI, Animal Planet is premiering this show tonight at 8:00 central time. I love reefers...
  3. catran

Fragstock Wisconsin Coral Frag Swap

Drove up there yesterday and picked up some nice stuff! Zoas and Palys: Valentines Day Massacre Crazy Lady's Nightmare's Utter Chaos God of War Aquaman Blues Alien Eye (or similar morph) Purple Puddle (or similar morph) Misc: Ora Red Planet Neon Polyp Toadstool I love reefers...
  4. catran

The Great Barrier Reef

Sunday, September 9th, Animal Planet is airing this show. Looks like its going to be pretty cool too! I love reefers...
  5. catran

Reactor Help

I'm planning on adding a reactor for GFO. I don't like the BRS reactor I have, so I was considering a Two little fishies reactor. Does anyone have one of these? What pump are you using for it? I was planning on using it HOB of my RSM 250. I'm just not sure how much flow I need and I know...
  6. catran

Coral ID

I bought a bunch of SPS from a guy that was getting out of the hobby about 3 weeks ago. Can anyone identify it? It's important I know, so I can keep it successfully. I love reefers...
  7. catran

It's Pirate Talk Time!

C'mon, let's show off that pirate talk guys! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. catran

Tapatalk talk

Sorry, just didn't want to keep hijacking the thread. I use HD on the iPad, but free one on iPhone- don't think they have HD for iPhone. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. catran

Strange Zoa Spawning Event

I've had Mohawks for some time and they were over growing and spreading to my frag rack. I took a frag to work and placed it in my 28g JBJ nano. They grew so fast that I was had to take them home and frag them into 3 separate frags. When I got them home and placed them in my RSM 250, some...
  10. catran

How many people dip corals in Flatworm Exit?

I brought about 4 frags home Friday and put 3 in the RSM 250 and one in the RSM 130D. Sunday, I thought I saw some reddish brown spots on my rock in the 130d, but Monday, they were gone. Well, Tuesday, when I got home from work, they were back. Today, I found them in the 250 too. I'm afraid...
  11. catran

Saving a Baby RBTA!

I introduced a small 2" RBTA to my RSM 130 about 2 weeks before I left on vacation. He was perched on a rock at the top of the tank along side another nem for about a week. Then, he moved to the side and seemed to like it there better. When I arrived home from a week of vacation, he was no...
  12. catran

Please Sign This Petition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/842/202/338/us-funded-coral-mining-in-the-marshall-islands/#13326892697271&action=udata&udata=false Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  13. catran

Premium Aquatics Rocks!

My ATO pump died this week and I have to go out of town. Just when I got my skimmer working again too. For some reason, I've been having problems with the water level also. If it isn't within 1-1/2" from the rim, the back chamber gets extremely low and the pumps start spraying air. Well...
  14. catran

Bulb Recommendation for Anemone Only Tank

Thankfully, I didn't break down my 29g frag tank because now I can use it for an Anemone tank. I bought a Current Sundial 4x24w light for it today. Does anyone have recommendations for bulbs? I want to have the necessary lighting for growth, but, please, please, the idea is to keep it white...
  15. catran

WTB: Tunze ATO

Please pm. Oh, I will pay for shipping! Thanks, Cat Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  16. catran

Aqua Illuminations Vega

The LED light formerly known as "Phoenix" has been renamed Vega and is being shown on their website: http://www.aquaillumination.com/vega/# There is no description or accessories shown, but it is available for preorder, pending release at Aquacave...
  17. catran

WTB: Used Nano Chiller or Azoo Twin Fan

The title says it all. I will pay for shipping! Thanks, Cat Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  18. catran

Help! My BTA is in bad trouble!

I came home to find my BTA sucked into the overflow of my RSM. He's been in the same spot for months (not near the overflow), and I have no idea what happened. I turned off the circulation pumps ASAP, but still have the MP10 (not near the overflow) on for some flow. Here's a pic abot 10 mins...
  19. catran

Cat's JBJ Nano Cube HQI

I went to a frag swap in late October sponsored by the Fox Valley Reef Club. There were a lot of very nice people and a lot of awesome vendors there too. Surprisingly, I won the grand prize, a JBJ Nano Cube HQI. At the time, I was setting up the RSM 250, and about to start my frag tank sump...
  20. catran

Probe Holder

I had a couple of people ask about probe holders a while back, and I can't remember who asked. Recently, I purchased an acrylic quad probe holder from eBay. I just wanted to let everyone interested know about the quality of the one I bought. The only thing I was unsure of was the strenght of...