Search results

1. TerriW

What next....my last fish

I love my royal gramma, he is very social with my 2 clowns, but does spend quite a bit of time in caves or in his "sleeping" rock. He usually puts himself to bed around 8 and isn't seen again until the next afternoon.
  2. TerriW

Whew .. the move is done and everything is alive!

A special shout out to CityPets in Houston for providing me with bags, boxes and advice!
  3. TerriW

Whew .. the move is done and everything is alive!

So it's done. Against popular opinion, I did choose to replace the sand bed and I'm so glad I did. The tank is so much brighter and cleaner :shades: Using the RSM ammonia test kit, I did test somewhere between 0-0.25 after the move sending me into panic mode! I did 30% water changes daily...
  4. TerriW

HELP! Skimmer pump isn't working - and I'm moving the tank tomorrow )):

Thanks to everyone for the advise! Amazingly, the pump started working again last nite after I "jiggled" things around a bit. I'll clean it well today during the move. Glen, I have new CPE and Purigen + lots of water ready to go (:
  5. TerriW

Thanks for the reply Zen, the tank was purchased in 7/10, so I'm sure the pump is in warranty, but I don't think I want to wait for a replacement to be sent. I'll check things out tomorrow during the move and consider the Tunze replacement. I prolly should have done the upgrade already, as...
  6. TerriW

So I come home today realize the motor isn't working in my stock 130D skimmer, and I'm moving the tank tomorrow. I am reluctant to stir things up tonite since it will be broken down tomorrow for the move. Does anyone know if there is a replacement motor that I can purchase in my LFS, and is it...
  7. TerriW

Moving my RSM130D

Thanks for the extra effort Glen, I did the same and that's why I was questioning the best method. I think I'm just gonna leave the sand as it, try to disturb it as little as possible and hope for the best. I like your idea about changing the sand out before the move, but I manage a pet resort...
  8. TerriW

Moving my RSM130D

Glen, I've decided to just leave the sand and move as you suggested. I can always change it later when I'm not so stressed out! Thanks for the advice, as always. Reefmack, definitely will use the bacterial innoculant, thanks for the advice. I'll let everyone know how it goes in a couple of...
  9. TerriW

Moving my RSM130D

Glen, What is the reasoning behind waiting to change the sand? I don't post much, but am constantly reading, so I value your opinion. Sapphire, I think I will take your advice and just remount everything after the move. Thanks again, Terri
  10. TerriW

Moving my RSM130D

I have a stock RSM130D and am only moving about 10 miles. I live in Houston and the climate should be very mild during the move. I have a variety of corals, 2 clowns, 1 yellow watchman goby, 1 royal gramma and a CUC consisting of several hermits, 2 peppermint shrimp and lots of assorted snails...
  11. TerriW

34gal noob reef

CK50 I'm in Houston! What LFS are you using?
  12. TerriW

a growing upsetness

I'm a newbie as of July of this year. I have recently had my first loss, 2 astrea snails, not sure why. I haven't killed a coral or fish yet. I tend to my tank daily, do water changes weekly, and accused by my boyfriend of spend more time "watching the box" than with him. I am constantly on...
  13. TerriW

Martin's RSM 130

It's aiptasia, had a long battle with it when I started my tank. Get rid of it ASAP!
  14. TerriW

My new coral

My apologies to Curehead, My response was in reply to this post: I simply felt this was an ignorant reply and that twofinhogie needs to be educated on the potential? environmental impact of this "hobby". Curehead asks, "Can you be 100% sure that all your live rock was 'weathered' from...
  15. TerriW

My new coral

It might have been free, but it's still a living being. It deserves an honest attempt to provide the necessary nutrients and conditions to thrive. Anything less is cruel and derelict. T
  16. TerriW

More Suprises - ID Please

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! T
  17. TerriW

More Suprises - ID Please

They look like pineapple sponges ...