Search results

1. Shagon

Where is my heat coming from?

At night I get my temps down to the 78" range with a fan blowing on my tank. With all the lights off and my heater unplugged, with in an hour the temp creeps up to 80" with the fan off. I have two mag drives running. One for my return and one for my water flow. Both are not running hot. Where...
  2. Shagon

Death of a Lawn Mower Blenny due to grief?

So my mandarin dragonet died the other night. Dont know why, he was eating well and was healthy. But to the real story. When I came home the other day, the wife told me the mandarin was dead. She also said that the blenny had not left the mandarin side. After I removed the mandarin the...
  3. Shagon

Starfish id

These guys have taken over my pipeorgans. They look like little brittle stars. I have had a dieing off of my POs the last few weeks. Are they to blam?
  4. Shagon

Bristle worms invade my pipe organ coral!

And my hermit crabs are tearing it apart trying to get to the worm. I set out a trap tonight to catch as many as I can. I hope I can curb this trend my colony was doing so well. Any other ideas to stop this destruction?
  5. Shagon

Introducing sand into my tank.

I had a friend at work bring me back some sand from a beach that he went to on vacation. Its volcanic and very nice. My question is how would I go about adding this to my tank and not doing any damage to my current eco system? Should I put the sand in my hospital tank and let it set for a few...
  6. Shagon

Asterinas are eating my Zoas!

I caught one of the little bastard tonight. I have notice them in my tank but never thought the little starfish was a terrorist. So I have two options 1: get a harloquin shrimp and let him eat until they are gone. Then sell it back to the LFS when done. 2: manual removal. But how many are...
  7. Shagon

Happy day in my tank....

Chin my Fu Man Chu was out prowling in the light today. My mushrooms were the largest I have seen them. And my nem split over night.
  8. Shagon

Should I add more rock!

I am debaiting on if I should add more rock to my 55gl. What's your thoughts
  9. Shagon

Worm ID please

They were in some long hair algea I was removing.
  10. Shagon

Why cant I keep candy canes alive?

This was my second try. And it went badly. All other corals are doing great.
  11. Shagon

Where there was once one...

There are now two. Last night the magic happened. Already have one sold to a friend of mine. Bought time I make some money back on this tank!
  12. Shagon

Is 15 gls worth the hassle?

I just came into position of a 70 gl oceanic tank and stand for free. I am wanting to go bigger but I don't the the hassle of setting up this 70 is worth it. Would you do all the work to set up a new tank just for 15 gls?
  13. Shagon

The Green Mantis Lair

Changed my Fluval Edge over to salt tonight. I used water from my main 55g tank after a water change. The sand and more rock will be added on Sunday night. The mantis is still being held at the LFS.
  14. Shagon

Green mantis in Fluval edge.

I have read that the green mantis doesn't get as big as others. Would the edge be big enough to house him?
  15. Shagon

Wave maker timer help

I have a Aquarium Systems Natural Wave Pump Timer and the shortest cycle is 20 sec. I am wanting to speed it up say down to 5 sec. Any idea of how to do that?
  16. Shagon

My FTS

Took this today with the iPhone. I hadn't posed one up figured I should.
  17. Shagon

what do you do....

to keep yourself interested in your tank. What I am getting at is I enjoy setting and watching my fish. If my family isnt home I have know to do it for hours. But I like to tinker and change things all the time. But I have ran out of stuff to do. This make me want to just go bigger and the...
  18. Shagon

A few shots and my new fishy.

And introducing "propane" the orange tail damsel
  19. Shagon

Some art work I am working on

I have a friend that wanted me to do a pic of his crowntail betta. I will post progress pics as I go over the next few days. This will be a colored pencil portrait. Stay tuned. 1/24/2011
  20. Shagon

Pic of my betta

Taken with the iPhone 4