1. Shagon

New fish species? Need ID please

He looks mad.
  2. Shagon

Captured Mantis Shrimp

Ill take it.
  3. Shagon

Where is my heat coming from?

I have a 400 in the sump for return and a 1200(not submerged) for flow to the tank. The skimmer uses a 150 pump. My living room during the summer get up to about 77". Its 105" outside today.
  4. Shagon

Where is my heat coming from?

At night I get my temps down to the 78" range with a fan blowing on my tank. With all the lights off and my heater unplugged, with in an hour the temp creeps up to 80" with the fan off. I have two mag drives running. One for my return and one for my water flow. Both are not running hot. Where...
  5. Shagon

What's a good first fish to get in a 30g tank?

Damsel are a great first Fish wink wink
  6. Shagon

What to spend $223 on?

cocain+hooker=best $233 ever spent.
  7. Shagon

Death of a Lawn Mower Blenny due to grief?

So my mandarin dragonet died the other night. Dont know why, he was eating well and was healthy. But to the real story. When I came home the other day, the wife told me the mandarin was dead. She also said that the blenny had not left the mandarin side. After I removed the mandarin the...
  8. Shagon

January 2012 POTM Contest!

RIP Chin:tears:
  9. Shagon

Starfish id

These guys have taken over my pipeorgans. They look like little brittle stars. I have had a dieing off of my POs the last few weeks. Are they to blam?
  10. Shagon

about maroon clown fish

Wait to see what bathroom they go to.
  11. Shagon

Real name thread

I am Mark. I like fish, boobs, cars, boobs, and food.
  12. Shagon

Bristle worms invade my pipe organ coral!

Well I cought about 30 worms last night. I can't dip this rock. Well I could. But one of my nems is attached to the same rock. Along with other corals. So I'll just keep trapping them. I might go get a CBS today. I always liked them.
  13. Shagon

Bristle worms invade my pipe organ coral!

And my hermit crabs are tearing it apart trying to get to the worm. I set out a trap tonight to catch as many as I can. I hope I can curb this trend my colony was doing so well. Any other ideas to stop this destruction?
  14. Shagon

Introducing sand into my tank.

About two inches. This is not a lot of sand I am putting in. Maybe 12oz.
  15. Shagon

I have crushed coral in there now. It did have alot of metal in it. I think I got most of it out.
  16. Shagon

I had a friend at work bring me back some sand from a beach that he went to on vacation. Its volcanic and very nice. My question is how would I go about adding this to my tank and not doing any damage to my current eco system? Should I put the sand in my hospital tank and let it set for a few...
  17. Shagon

Moon Coral

Geo tagging you pics in a thread? Kinky. Have you checked you water for anything out of whack?
  18. Shagon

small yellow mantis

Well like I said. If you dont want him, I will take him. I have been looking for a small spearer. I have a tank set up and ready for such a beast.
  19. Shagon

small yellow mantis

If you don't want him, I will gladly take him off your hands. But what ever you do don't kill him.
  20. Shagon

Asterinas are eating my Zoas!

I caught one of the little bastard tonight. I have notice them in my tank but never thought the little starfish was a terrorist. So I have two options 1: get a harloquin shrimp and let him eat until they are gone. Then sell it back to the LFS when done. 2: manual removal. But how many are...