Search results

1. L

RSM 250 Circ Pump 1 Issues

I was messing around with the old pump and while I was messing with it the back part of the impeller broke, so maybe that was part of the rattling on that one. However, today I just turned the pump on after messing with it and let it run loud for a bit and it finally got quite....I still never...
  2. L

Correction, I took it out of the chamber again and I do hear the rattling when it's just in the tank...Ideas?
  3. L

OK my bad, it was a Sicce that they sent. I took the pump out of the chamber and just put it in the tank and I'm not hearing the rattling. However the pump is not touching the bottom of the chamber, so I'm not sure what the cause is? I've felt as far as I can reach in the chamber and I'm not...
  4. L

I'm almost 100% positive it's a Hydor. When I called a few weeks back they asked the brand that I had cause they were going to replace it with the same one. I'll check in a few minutes when I take it out. I'm not positive if it's resting on the bottom of the chamber. I'll check that out too. I...
  5. L

Yeah the whole pump was replaced (Hydor).
  6. L

About 3 weeks ago my circulation pump 1 went out. I took the impeller out to see if anything was stuck but I found nothing. I called RedSea since I had just bought the tank in May. They sent one out and I replaced it last Monday. Last night I hear the new pump being very loud. The water is still...
  7. L

Clowns & Lions - Can They Co-exist?

Yeah I love watching my Fuzzy Dwarf. Definitely a cool personality :thumbup:
  8. L

Max 250 Chiller Size

I have this one, 1/10th HP and have used it for about 5 months and thus far no problems. Keeps my tank cool and everyone happy :). I'm running it with that stock pump but I'm thinking about upgrading that.
  9. L

Clowns & Lions - Can They Co-exist?

Just to throw my two cents in.....You can see my tank info in my sig. I've had no problems with my Fuzzy Dwarf in my reef. He's eating frozen ghost shrimp now and slowly starting to convert to krill. I've also seen very little impact on my water parameters as well. On a side note, "reef safe"...
  10. L

flame hawk experiences?

I've got one that was about an inch when I bought him. I'd guess him to be about a half inch bigger now. I've never had any problems what so ever with him with ANYTHING in my tank. I say go for it :thumbup:
  11. L

Brain Coral Issue

My Open Brain that I've had for a few years is starting to "look thin" in the middle area. The lobed part around looks fairly normal but I'm worried about the fact that the ridges in his skeleton are starting to show.....I'm going to have a local shop test my water tomorrow but anyone have any...
  12. L

RBTA under stock lights in RSM 250?

I've got a RBTA in my RSM250 and have had no problems. His tips are always bubbled and I even moved my tank about 2 months ago and he did perfectly fine with the move.
  13. L

HELP! Tang dominating

I've read about using a plastic strainer to put the tank bully in when adding a new fish. Basically the strainer floats on top and you put the bully in it while the new fish is getting used to the tank.
  14. L

Clownfish Pair Help!!

I don't know much about the temperament of Black Clowns but my False Percs had a single clown added with them for about two months and I had no problems. I ended up having to rehome the single clown due to her picking on my YT.
  15. L

Flame Angelfish + Aiptasia

I have to say I added a Flame Angle to my RSM250 a few months back and I had seen some aptasia before adding him. I also have added a few peppermint shrimp but never seen them pick at it. So they've either been over grown by my Xenia or the Flame Angle took care of them.
  16. L

Open Brain Placement

Yeah I agree, the placement could be securely done in the rock work but the flesh is very tender and will get caught on most rock work.
  17. L

Blennie swims on top

Sorry to hear that :(
  18. L

Lionfish eating problem????

What type of Lionfish do you have? I have a Fuzzy Dwarf and was beginning to get VERY frustrated trying to convert him to frozen. What I've done is get him to eat live guppies and ghost shrimp. Then I've now moved to freezing the ghost shrimp (not feeding guppies anymore). Now I've begun to feed...
  19. L

Blennie swims on top

Yeah it's important to know what type of fish you have. My Midas Blenny for example is ALWAYS out and in the middle to top of the tank almost all day.
  20. L

my clowns hide in the back most of the time.

Does it appear that they're hosting by the overflow? I've heard of fish hosting in powerheads before so maybe they've just set up home there? I'm assuming when you feed they come out?