Search results

1. LuckyReefer123

Aquarium Weight

Hello, I am upgrading to a 210 acrylic aquarium soon. It will be 7'x2'x2'. All together, I tried adding all the weight and it came out to be 3300 pounds with all rock, sand, sump, and equipment included. But now I am starting to worry about the weight. It will be going across 5 support...
  2. LuckyReefer123

attaching a mushroom to a frag plug

Fragging mushrooms can be a pain. The only way I know of that works is to take some crushed coral (or large sand or even some pea gravel) and put the mushrooms and rock into a small cup. Cover the cup up with some mesh and leave it on the bottom of your tank. In a couple of days or a week...
  3. LuckyReefer123

Bio-Pellet Reactor

I run a Reef Octopus on my 75 gallon reef tank. I also use the reef octopus bio-spheres. However, I heard Ecobak are the next best option. I have just had good luck with the bio-spheres. Anyways, like you said, there are pros and cons. I have never heard anything about totally stripping...
  4. LuckyReefer123

Reducing RO waste water?

I was wondering what was the best way to reduce waste water coming from my rodi unit. I get city of chicago water at about 65 psi. I was reading about adding an extra ro membrane and/or a booster pump. I was just curious as to what way works the best at saving more water. Would you recommend...
  5. LuckyReefer123

Angel compatibility

Both of those are in the category of "dwarf angels", and unless added at the same time and in a big enough tank, will more than likely fight. Dwarf angels and large angels will not fight, however you do not have a big enough tank for a large angel. So stick with only 1 angel in your case. I...
  6. LuckyReefer123

210g Skimmer, If it was you.

I personally love my ASM. They pull out a lot of junk, easy to use, and another great thing with them is they do not get affected by water level. The skimmer maintains the bubbles where you want them at. Only bad thing about them is they do not have an automatic drain line, you have to empty...
  7. LuckyReefer123

Is this crab reef safe?

They have them at a store near me. From what i know of, they are reef safe, however, all they will do to coral is try stealing their food. But thats about all
  8. LuckyReefer123

Ich problem:/

In my experience, clowns can be pretty tough when it comes to desease, and as long as you keep them fed and healthy, they should fight it off most of the time. For the tangs, give them lots of veggies to boost their imune system. Spirulina with brine shimp is good, or algae sheets, and i would...
  9. LuckyReefer123

3 minute interview with Barbara Waters.

She has such a way with words...
  10. LuckyReefer123

Lighting for frag tank

I have seen eco rays and heard things about them. But keep in mind, if this is a frag tank, you will want things to grow big kinda fast. Most people say leds work, but they do not have things grow as fast as halide. But i have also heard the opposite. Aqua Illumination makes a good led light...
  11. LuckyReefer123

Monti bleaching

It looks fine to me, doesnt look like its bleaching from what i can see. Keep an eye on it, give it a little more flow, and see what happens. I think its more or less just getting used to your water conditions compared to where it came from. Ive had a couple coral change in color a tad bit when...
  12. LuckyReefer123

Tell me about some low light corals!

Looking at suncoral then, pretty cool when they come out all the way.
  13. LuckyReefer123

How to catch an engineer?

I tried this once. Caught a lot of nassarius snails, thats for sure!
  14. LuckyReefer123

Medium sized in-sump skimmer recommendations

I really want an ASM skimmer. They look simple, but they do a good job. At the fish store i work at, we mostly use them. For the shark tank, snails, shrimp, coral tubs, ect. They look simple, but they pull out nasty smelling stuff. The snails especially, as they are the tank with the most...
  15. LuckyReefer123

Pellet training.

Just a thought: Maybe its not his diet. With a nose like that, hes bound to be looking for little worms or bugs in little cracks and holes in the wild, so seeing just round things sink, isnt what hes looking for. I talked to a guy before saying his butterfly fish wont eat small mysis shrimp...
  16. LuckyReefer123

Powder Blue Tang

Ive heard many horror stories about powder blue tangs being aggresive. Like Willie said, he introduced his powder blue into his tank after others and he was the one with the attitude. If you really want one, add him last, or the only other way to make him friendly is to have a very stocked...
  17. LuckyReefer123

Acropora & Nitrate

My answer is no. Although the ideal level in a reef aquarium for nitrates is 0, some coral actually do well when some are present. Zoas, leathers, soft coral, ect. Try to get a small frag and see what happens, but try to get it aquacultured as they are more leaniant on water quality not being...
  18. LuckyReefer123

how much is this anemone worth?

Honestly, keep them. Not sure how big they are, but from what ive seen, those are the red sea ones. About $70-100 for them for a good 2-3". But keep them, grow them, have them split, you get to have your anemones that you love, and trade the extra split off's for other cool things you want...
  19. LuckyReefer123

No big ugly hang on slimmer please

Aquatic Life also makes very good small skimmers. Check them out! AquaticLife Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115
  20. LuckyReefer123

Lighting

The kessil looks alright, but it feels like i wouldnt trust something that small with all my coral. But apparently it does work. And yes, the lights i showed you will grow coral, not sure if all, but i read somewhere that people had to move their corals down from all the light it put off. You...