Search results

1. NewEnglandReef

New England Reef Part 2..... The Reefer Strikes Back

Well, went to the lfs yesterday and picked up some more livestock..... My daughter had to have a neon dottyback, it looks like a colorful eel..... my son picked out a scooter blenney.... He loves the odd looking fish....and we had to get a fire shrimp.... The tank is starting to look awesome...
  2. NewEnglandReef

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

Looking great as usual Glenn, that's the biggest hammer I have ever seen....... Sweet!
  3. NewEnglandReef

Ordered new Red Sea Max 130d

Nice! Great looking fish.......
  4. NewEnglandReef

*NEW* Red Sea Max Filtration Cover

Sweet! Great idea.
  5. NewEnglandReef

Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

Ugggh, that is a bummer.... It will all be worth the wait. A Good LFS is very hard to find.
  6. NewEnglandReef

thanks glenn.... that looks perfect, and great reviews.... it has a small footprint too... looks like it will be a 7" compartment. thanks again for the link.
  7. NewEnglandReef

Well after measuring and sketching, and measuring again, I have a game plan for my sump/refuge.... It's going to be 20" x 16" x 16", and I am going to make it from 1/4" glass that I just put the order in for. The cost so far is $75 for the glass. I should have it bye the weekend and I will...
  8. NewEnglandReef

Tom's RSM 130 - The Journey

Very nice..... Colin does look very happy, great looking tank. Love the clowns also..... Great looking couple. Keep up the good work.
  9. NewEnglandReef

Spikewire's RSM 130D

What a beautiful tank, great job.
  10. NewEnglandReef

Crosby's RSM 130D

About your cleaning crew, IMO I would put lots more snails, I would want 10 nassarius (sand sifting) at least 10 turbos and 5 cerith and 5 Asteria. I think crabs cause tons of issues with corals and eating my snails, so I don't keep them any more.... They are fun to watch, my kids love them...
  11. NewEnglandReef

Crosby's RSM 130D

Changed your sand? I would be very careful doing stuff like that... IMO. When I had to add sand in my other tank I was told to add a couple cups every other day, changing out all your sand sounds like an awful big change..... It may send your tank into a weird cycle.... I'm not sure, by no means...
  12. NewEnglandReef

Yeah I hear ya, I don't care to stuff the tank with too many fish, got our 2 clowns.... Next is a goby, and pistol shrimp.... my daughter wants a dottyback.... I will def have a ORA Mandarin..... Probably about it for fish.... But I am thinking about a BTA, and I have read they can really add...
  13. NewEnglandReef

Sure thin Wrangy, and thanks Goma, that's good news... It will be pushing it, I saw some pics of another sump/refuge and they were using one, but couldn't see what the Dt was. Wrangy, I will take lots of pics and post them.... Gonna keep it simple, and efficient.
  14. NewEnglandReef

Robbo's Red Sea Max 130d

Welcome to the greatest forum on the planet for Red Sea Owners;-) lots of great people, with great advice..... Looks great, first time I've seen a white one .... Nice. Looking forward to watch it grow.
  15. NewEnglandReef

Ok, after doing a little measuring and figuring, I can't use the tank I had in mind, so it looks like ill be back to the hardware store tomorrow for more plexe, I'm gonna build it custom, to fit in the RSM stand., I have read alot and got a plan to move forward.... Does anybody think my Tunze...
  16. NewEnglandReef

Wow.... I did not know that about the vinegar.... Cool, I will try that when I clean them up after the swap..... I just went to the hardware store and picked up all the parts for a custom overflow and some plexe to convert a spare 20 gal into a sump/refuge:-) I'm gonna be busy if I can get some...
  17. NewEnglandReef

Thanks, yeah I tried to get what I could off... They were from an old set up.... I already pulled the trigger on a mp10.... Gonna take the large one out,and move the little one to the other side,low like it is, and let the vortech do the rest of the work.
  18. NewEnglandReef

Well, they look very happy..... They took care of the food I put in there for them... am very happy I was able to get a pair so small:-) more pics to come.
  19. NewEnglandReef

Pair of Saddleback Clowns.... Tiny little guy's. Here is one. New Rock Scape Just got them in and they appear to be happy... a little timid, but they have only been in for 10 minutes.... gonna feed them.
  20. NewEnglandReef

So, being who I am I could not leave things alone, so I did some aqua scapeing...... and I am pretty confident that the tank is ready for it's first occupants, besides the snails and starfish currently..... Thinking a pair of small clowns, LFS just got a shipment in and we are going to take a...