Search results

1. vubben

Lethals RSM 250

A little late Leigh but I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. Take care of yourself.
  2. vubben

Randy's 130D

Hi Leigh. Not sure yet on the 130. I'd like to sell it for a few bucks but I keep thinking that it would also make a very nice quarantine tank. I'll definitely gets some pics up somewhere once I start putting it all together. Take care Leigh. Hope all is well down there.
  3. vubben

Randy's 130D

Hi Glenn. The new 250 tank is still sitting on the dining room floor. But I now have a stand and just today I received the pumps and electric from inTank. Gonna try to get it all set up and in position this weekend. I still need light and a skimmer. I've been looking at the new Sunbrite F Series...
  4. vubben

Randy's 130D

Hi Lakersfreak, sorry I didn't respond sooner. Don't get here much anymore. If yer still interested the water container is a "Top Paw" dog food storage container that holds about 26 litres of water. One nice thing about it is, it has 4 little holes in the bottom moulding that I have sitting...
  5. vubben

Rsm 130 algea issues.

Ha. Sorry. I read that and it didn't register.
  6. vubben

Rsm 130 algea issues.

What kind of algae issues are you seeing? I noticed I was getting a lot more algae growing on my glass after about a year. Changing out the fluorescents seemed to help knock that back.
  7. vubben

Just bought euro reef nano skimmer!

From what I've been able to figure out from their website and reading through some threads, seems like it does fit under the hood now. Is that right Jake?
  8. vubben

Deals RSM Owners might like...

Thanks Glenn.
  9. vubben

Just bought euro reef nano skimmer!

Hope the new skimmer is all it cracked up to be. I've read some good things. I've been considering one for my RSM 250 so I'm looking forward to your pics and reviews.
  10. vubben

Wtb rsm 250 hood

Looking to buy a lighting hood for Red Sea Max 250 in working condition. If anyone has upgraded their 250 lights and wants to get that hood outta the basement, let me know. Thanks Randy
  11. vubben

Randy's 130D

I know you do, and I partly blame you and your tank pics for the thing that's now sitting on my dining room floor! :yup:
  12. vubben

Randy's 130D

Thanks Glenn. I'll have a look. First thing I need to find is a stand so that next time we have someone over, I can enlist their back to help get this sucker up off the floor and into a spot that works.
  13. vubben

Randy's 130D

Oh, that Tom... Tnwillia. Yeah, the Radions look great, but right up there in price with the Vertex. And like Tom says, it would be nice if Ecotech came up with a rail system for multiple lights. I'm not handy enough to build something like that.... at least not anything that wouldn't rely...
  14. vubben

Randy's 130D

Thanks. I'll check it out.
  15. vubben

Randy's 130D

Not sure I'm familiar with Tom's thread, got a link to it?
  16. vubben

Randy's 130D

Hey Leigh. Still here, once in a while at least. Just no longer have the time that I used to, for hanging out as much as I'd like. The build is gonna take a while I think. Just did a refresher on your 250 thread (looking great by the way) and seeing that first shot of your 250 with your hood...
  17. vubben

Randy's 130D

Thanks Glenn. Every time I look at this thing I just want to get it up and running but I keep having second thoughts about where to put it. And if I don't keep the costs down while finding the rest of the stuff I need, I'll kick myself for not just buying one that was new and complete.
  18. vubben

Randy's 130D

Hi folks. Well, I wasn't sure it would ever happen, but I am slowly coming out of my hidey hole, thanks in part to a battle with slimy brown algae that threatened to take over my 130D! Took about a month, but I think I finally have it under control. Now, to reward myself (or possibly to punish...
  19. vubben

When do you change cpe

Every 4 months or whenever a snail crawls in and clogs the impeller on my Tunze skimmer making me pull things apart... which ever comes first.
  20. vubben

RSM 130d skimmer and media basket - help please!

I'm running the Tunze with In Tank's upgraded skimmer cup and yes, when installed properly it does fit under the 130D hood. You'll like it. Have fun