Search results

1. Craig Lambert

Help Me Choose That Final Fish

My tank is closing in on 1 year, and I would like to add one final fish. Tank specs and a pic are below: Mixed Reef 75Gw/29G Sump A,N,N are all 0 Alk 9.5 dKH Calc 430 pH 8.1-8.25 Livestock: Flame Angel Pair of True Percs hosting to an RBTA Royal Gramma Leopard Wrasse 2 Cleaner...
  2. Craig Lambert

Help Me Have A Clean DSB......

Looking for the best critters to keep my dsb sparkling white. My current stable of janitors includes: Nassarius Snails..(They're OK, but Carnivors so they're best for leftover food) Astrea Snails...(Fantastic for rock, but don't touch the sandbed) Nerite Snails....(They're OK on the...
  3. Craig Lambert

Taking The Flame Angel Challenge..Share your success or disaster

I know the fish is hit or miss when it comes to nipping corals in a reef, so if you have had success I would like to know what MAY have contributed. What size is your tank? What do you feed? How often? What other fish do you keep? and any other information you think might be helpful. If...
  4. Craig Lambert

Experienced my first powe outage

Experienced my first power outage Not a pleasant experience, and I don't care to go through it again. :bouncebox I put a battery operated air stone in the tank and took off for Home Depot. I'm now the proud owner of a Coleman Generator. When I returned home from Home Depot, the power was back...
  5. Craig Lambert

Cucumber Question

I added a tigertail cuke to my tank yesterday, and am concerned about the potential of him climbing into my overflow. I know these guys are good sandsifters but the very first night in the tank he was right up top where the water spills into the overflow. I have a 75G RR tank with a stockman...
  6. Craig Lambert

Anyone keeping a Tiger Tail Cucumber?

I'm thinking of adding one to help clean the sandbed, and am looking for pros and cons. TIA
  7. Craig Lambert

Microbubble no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a microbubble problem with my tank from day one. I suppose I could have just "lived with it", but it was bothering me enough that over the past month, I have tried just about everything to try and end the problem. The one thing that was always in the back of my mind as a potential...
  8. Craig Lambert

My Nightmare Day As A Reefer

Today was going to be the start of something good for my now cycled 75G tank. A Detrivoire kit from Inland Aquatics was due into my local FedEx distribution center at 8:00 AM. After picking it up, I decided to change out my filter sock on the drain line first. I noticed a leaky 1.5"...
  9. Craig Lambert

Help..Need a refresher

on when to add following cycle. At my age the memory isn't what it used to be. When I set up my first tank 3 years ago, I took things very slow and had good success. I hope to repeat that again. Anyway, my 75G tank was set up just 11 days ago, and the live rock I used had cycled for 13...
  10. Craig Lambert

How many GPH do you turn through your sump?

I've read that less is better. My set-up will turn 600 gph through the sump. (75G tank, 26G sump w/external return pump). I would like to keep it quiet. Do you guys feel this is a good number? I have 2 powerheads to go in the tank to augment the flow, and it will turn the tank a total of 17...
  11. Craig Lambert

DSB Vs. BB Set-Up

As some of you know, I've been away from reefing for 2 years and am preparing to set-up my tank once again. One of the interesting things about this hobby is that it is in a constant state of change. While I was away, it seems questions have been raised as to the long term viability of a DSB...
  12. Craig Lambert

Circulation/Turnover Question

I'm looking at a couple of pumps and have a circulation question. My tank (75G) will be set-up with a 4" dsb, which means the capacity is more like 57G rather than 75. Is that the figure you would use to determine how many times you're turning the tank per hour, or do you stick with the 75G...
  13. Craig Lambert

Sump Thickness Question

I had to tear down my tank due to a relocation sometime back and am getting ready to start over again. I have 75G Tank and a 26x14x16 sump. (1/4" acrylic) The sump is bowed and I plan to replace it. I have a custom stand that poses a challenge due to it being a few inches lower than normal...
  14. Craig Lambert

HELLO from a former

RAG member who has been on a two year hiatus. Don't know if any of you would remember me at this point but I recognize alot of names who are posting on this site. So hello Craig Manoukian, Travis, Boomer, and so many others that helped me launch my 75G in late 2002!! On November 19th 2003...