Search results

1. carlagracie

New liverock rinse off?

I was able to get my live sand and live rock in my tank last night. Unfortunately we added the sand first which made the water extremely dirty. We then added the rock and I just woke up and went and looked at it and some of the sediment has settled and I can see the rock. As I figured it's...
  2. carlagracie

Here we go NEW BUILD!!!!!

Finally got the water in it enough to get power head running with the heater. Will be adding the 80 pounds of live sand tomorrow along with the live rock! Still waiting for my other kessil to arrive. What a long process!
  3. carlagracie

With this tank being in the living room and using the 2 Kessil A350W should I use a glass top and sit the lights directly on the glass or go go without a glass top and hang the lights?
  4. carlagracie

Yes I am on a well with SUPER hard water. That 411 is with a water softener also. Well water is bad here in Milan MI. Had the RO/DI unit on for about 12 hours now and only have about 15 gallons of water. Water pressure isnt that high here so maybe thats slowing it down. On the bright side the...
  5. carlagracie

5 stage ro/di unit just got hooked up 25 minutes ago. TDS 411 before now at 0! what an awesome light!
  6. carlagracie

Leaving lfs now!!!! I will have pictures posted later this evening! Only had the one kessil light in stock and they will order the other one tomorrow and I should have it later this week. Also didn't get the live rock because I bought an ro/di unit and need to get water in there first. Can't...
  7. carlagracie

Thanks for all the info. I have been so busy at work this week. We were suppose to go today but just got home form work about 20 minutes ago. If we cant get out tomorrow then it will have to wait until this weekend. Looking at an RO/DI right now where is the best place to buy one? My lfs only...
  8. carlagracie

Alright its time we have made up our minds. After going to our lfs today to get a quote we came home and are now moving our small living room around for our 90 gallon setup. Unfortunately where we want the tank our TV currently sits in that spot. We need to call Directv tomorrow and have them...
  9. carlagracie

Back again and want to do it right.

Yes I have been to tropicorum many many times!!! I was going to go to the fish doctors in ypsi today but other things came up lol. I do plan on going out there tomorrow though. Just a rough idea what kind of price range am I looking at right off the bat before fish and coals. 3k 4k? My wife was...
  10. carlagracie

Back again and want to do it right.

Well all I'm 29 years old and my wife wants a saltwater tank. Who am I kidding I want one also. The last one we had was a 29g bio cube that we loved and ended up giving it away to her mom who wanted one and was easy to take care of which she still has today. We are wanting one now and we are...
  11. carlagracie

Trouble reading my TDS meter. Help.

Yea its not ment for use on saltwater LOL. I made 5 gallons of rodi water and went to use my meter and it wont power on :(. Called BRS and they are sending me a replacement but I may have to wait until monday to get it :(
  12. carlagracie

I just tested my first batch of my water and TDS is 000!! Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk
  13. carlagracie

UPS just droped off my BRS order which had an RO/DI unit and a TDS meter. I have the unit hooked up now and I am waiting for it to produce. I checked the rodi water that im buying from my LFS and the TDS is 002 PPM. My tap water is 569 PPM. I tested my tank water and the display comes up - - -...
  14. carlagracie

I have a pod outbreak please help!

Alright I will just leave them be. I don't really want a 6 line because he may pick on my 2 very small clowns. Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk
  15. carlagracie

I have 2 clowns and a cleaner shrimp and they dont seem to care.
  16. carlagracie

Over the past 4 days or so I have noticed pods in my tank. Today they are all over the glass and blowing around in my tank and honestly isnt a big deal but it looks like I have floating pieces of sand. How can I get these out of my tank??? Thinking of getting a mandrain until they are gone then...
  17. carlagracie

Moving rock in tank?

New tank rock has been there for almost a month now. It just sits on the sand I dont bury it.
  18. carlagracie

Moving rock in tank?

I just installed my media basket and my water is stirred up at the moment. I want my move my rock work all the way to the back. Its in the middle now. All I want to do is have one of us on each side and pick up and shift backwards. Will I start a mini cycle? Dont want to hurt my fish.
  19. carlagracie

Official first post. Getting a bc hqi!!!!!! What should i also be getting?

What he said.I to have a biocube 29. I would highley reccomend replacing the pump with a maxi-jet 1200 for flow. I did that and quite honestly you dont need a powerhead. Either costs the same but the powerhead goes in the tank where you will see it wheres the pump is hidden. My tank is new as...