Search results

1. S

Need a little help with my tunze 9002.

How dee folks, been awhile since I posted. Tank is still going strongish. Just having a few problems balancing my skimmer. It's foaming up, but not coming right up the neck into the cup, so I open the air valve and then it goes bonkers but it's just too watery???? I sometimes wonder if the green...
  2. S

Urgent Phosphate help needed guys....

So Wyane, you use Seagel and Nopox to get the desired results? Did u just swap it out or gradually change to it?
  3. S

I do a 15 litre water change every week
  4. S

Just it's natural time ???
  5. S

I am still battling algae issues, even with CPE and Purigen. Tonight we have lost our beloved Jawfish, Janet. Absolutely gutted. Done a few tests and the phosphates are at 0.36?? I have ordered some Seagel and Purigen, as i ran these for the 1st 12 months but until then, can i whack in some JBL...
  6. S

Screemer's new 130D.....

Well we lost the flasher Wrase last week, poor Gordon. But just replaced him with a lovely small Coral Beauty. Pics to follow
  7. S

Goby for my 130D?

Just wondering if they are ok getting in a 130D? i already have a pair of clowns and a yellow head Jawfish. I unfortunately lost my Flasher Wrasse last week. I almost bought a blue cheek goby a while back but the shop said never ever get a blue cheek in a 130. I fancy the idea of the sand...
  8. S

Whats up with my Asparagus coral??

All of a sudden it takes longer to open up, and its forming these different heads which it then ejects. i now have 4 or 5 off=shoots around the tank..[/url] P1030793 by scr33m3r75, on Flickr[/IMG]
  9. S

What does everyone use for filter floss?

I have been using the Poly Filter from InTank for past year and its great but coming to an end. What does everyone else use, especially the Uk guys.
  10. S

I think my tank is in trouble...

Well ive been dosing Bicarb for the past 3 days and got Alk back to 7, things are looking slightly improved. How many days consecutively can i raise Alk?
  11. S

Looks like i am gonna have to just keep adding the baking soda. Can i just add that straight in? I got told i had to drip feed it over a course of hours??
  12. S

i dont dose for Calcium, its always been spot on, even when tested by my LFS. I just dont understand how the Alk can be so low when the salt i use, Red Sea Pro, states it is a lot higher.
  13. S

i am struggling to work out why my Alkalinity is so low, no matter what salt i use. Is it something that gets used up in the tank, or is it something that isnt there in the 1st place?
  14. S

Zeovit, not heard of it
  15. S

I have my lights on for 8 hours a day, I changed the bulbs a few months ago. I always use the proper RSM ones. I have done a 13 litre water change every week for the past 15 months, never missed one.
  16. S

i seem to have had a source for algae ever since i started the tank 15 months ago. Seriously considering shutting it down
  17. S

It doesn't seem to skim too much at all. The water level is on the line, but I get little skimmate
  18. S

I just topped up my existing sand using live sand 2 months ago, same time as all the other changes. The hair algae has been over the past few weeks.
  19. S

I just can't seem to get my head around the tank. After the last problem, I changed salt, new lights, extra flow and switched to CPE and Puerigen. Everything was fine until recently. I've had another outbreak of hair algae, the new sand is badly covered, and corals are looking poor. I did my...