Search results

1. KDC

Mp40w es

Were are you located? I have an mp10w es, and a 24 inch T5HO light fixture, that has 4 bulbs, moonlights and timers on the back. I just moved and will have to find the box to be able to tell you exactly what type it is.
  2. KDC

Starfish legs....alive?

I'd love to find out. I'll let you know what happens with them.
  3. KDC

Starfish legs....alive?

Pimpala, I don't either, but weirder things have happened. My sister suggested that maybe enough of the central disc is still attached to each of the legs to let them ingest a little.
  4. KDC

Starfish legs....alive?

Wow, thanks for the information Reefmack. It would be cool to watch if that's what is going to happen I'll keep a real close eye on them and let everyone know whick way they go.
  5. KDC

Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic

By the way Rhodes19, I LOVE your Christmas presents! I had to skip mine this year since we are moving, but my tanks will be fully cycled by the time my anniversary rolls around again!
  6. KDC

Thanks Rhodes19! I had the store names in there and then I couldn't remember if using them was against the rules on the forum. Better safe than sorry, especially since I'm still a tunicate! ;-D Any suggestions on which forum I would get the most help from with moving questions? I actually...
  7. KDC

Starfish legs....alive?

Thanks for your input everyone. I'll keep a close eye on them. My hermits seem to be watching them too. Every once in a while they go over there and seem to mess with them, but then they leave them alone. It is really weird, but it seems to be fascinating my kids. LOL
  8. KDC

Hi BigAl07! I just wanted to let you know that I read up on your link about Dave Ramsey and...

Hi BigAl07! I just wanted to let you know that I read up on your link about Dave Ramsey and actually received some of his stuff today. I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy my tanks without the guilty little feelings I sometimes get and to not feeling like I need to hide my receipts from...
  9. KDC

Starfish legs....alive?

I haven't ever heard of it happening either, but my sister found something online that said it should be possible. Since nothing is eating them and they aren't bothering anything I'll just take a wait and see stance.
  10. KDC

Starfish legs....alive?

The legs are still there and even occasionally moving. I found the same information you did and I even asked my sister (who is a biologist out in St. Croix) but she said she's never heard of it happening in a tank. They aren't disintegrating and my snails and hermit crabs leave them alone...
  11. KDC

He'll just be thrilled that I have someone else to talk to so he gets out of it. LOL He tries (well, most of the time!) but he starts getting this glazed look in his eyes whenever I start talking to him about my tanks. I had to literally sit on my hands the last week or so. One of the places...
  12. KDC

Starfish legs....alive?

Yeah, I finally got a refund, but I had to take it to PayPal to get a resolution since I couldn't get them to respond to my emails.
  13. KDC

Hello everyone, my name is Kayce and I'm a reef-a-holic. You guys and gals are awesome! It's nice to know that I am not alone in my addiction. Now I can honestly tell my husband that I am getting help... we just won't specify what kind. LOL It is probably a good thing that we are military and...
  14. KDC

Starfish legs....alive?

Ok, this is a little weird. I know that starfish can regenerate their legs, but I always thought that the main body part had to be intact. This is what happened. I ordered a harlequin starfish from reefscavengers.com (I will never order from them again!!) but they were shipped two day air...
  15. KDC

Converting ghost shrimp to saltwater?

Shagon, I was wondering the same thing. johnmaloney, can they be ordered online? Do you know where they can be found? I haven't had any luck finding them.
  16. KDC

From lurker to poster! :-D

corrado007, tnwillia, nanoreefing4fun, reefmack, Thanks for the welcome! It will be nice to talk to people who don't get that glazed look in their eyes whenever I get started talking about my tanks and the "bugs" in it! :bouncer: seabass, I'll be sure to pass on your advice to my...
  17. KDC

From lurker to poster! :-D

Hello everyone! I am a Loooong time lurker who has finally gotten tired of the message at the top of the screen reminding me that I have yet to make my first post. So I... :surrender: I have kept saltwater tanks on and off for about 14 years, but everything changes so often and there are so...