Search results

1. G

Gravity's RSM250

Hi garefferman, yup they're camel backs. These are one of the few new purchases for this tank. I've not been a fan before but now I don't know why - theyr'e really nice shrimp. You can see them in a sort of crevice in the live rock in the pic. They pretty much set up home here. I have a purple...
  2. G

Gravity's RSM250

Hi NewEnglandReef, yeah the pistol shifts a lot of sand. I set up a very specific cove in the corner of the tanks specifically for the goby pair. I figured that the shrimp wouldn't wander outside of the cove and so far this has proved true. It's just too exposed to move beyond the cove for him...
  3. G

Gravity's RSM250

Here's a couple more of the Gobi Shrimp. You can just see the sand flying up behind him as he's digging another trench into the burrow. The Gobi stands guard most of the day and bats him down the hole if something gets too near.
  4. G

Gravity's RSM250

Here's some shots of my RSM250. I set it up a few months ago using stock from another tank that I was running down, so it's a bit light at the moment. The Gobi shrimp is quite interesting. He digs and cleans the burrow all day long whilst the Gobi stands guard. They retire at night and he digs...
  5. Gravity's RSM 250

Gravity's RSM 250

Dancing shrimp in crevice
  6. Gravity's RSM 250

Gravity's RSM 250

Full Tank shot
  7. Gravity's RSM 250

Gravity's RSM 250

Full Tank shot
  8. Garvity's RSM250

Garvity's RSM250

Nennys
  9. Garvity's RSM250

Garvity's RSM250

Full Tank shot
  10. Garvity's RSM250

Garvity's RSM250

GraviGobi shrimp shovelling sand
  11. Garvity's RSM250

Garvity's RSM250

GrGobi Shrimp in burrow
  12. Garvity's RSM250

Garvity's RSM250

GrGobi Shrimp digging with back feet
  13. Garvity's RSM250

Garvity's RSM250

Ricordia
  14. Garvity's RSM250

Garvity's RSM250

Full shot
  15. Gobi Shrimp

Gobi Shrimp

Gobi shrimp digging
  16. G

What are your nitrate levels??

ok nano will do. Just gotta work out how to post pics first. I'll read the sticky instructions.
  17. G

p.s. Reefemack, I used the RedSea substrate for a couple of years but I found that it got a bit dull with age. I didn't like the lack of reflected light. It's been the only substrate to attract coralline for me too. Maybe this was because I had very few stonys to suck up the calcium so plenty...
  18. G

Thanks for the welcome nano. Hi Reefmack, yup, I have a RSM 250. I've had a few setups in the past. I wanted to move my tank to the living room for maximum viewing so decided that it had to look good. So an RSM it was. I've resisted resurecting kit from my graveyard (Halides, skimmers, pumps...
  19. G

Looks like your substrate has quite large particles. I had a similar effect once when using the Red sea substrate (the large stuff with hollow shell like balls). But now I use a much small sugar grain sized sand and it stays white. p.s. sound like your skimmer isn't working very hard but if...