Search results

1. DanSReef

Matts 500 gallon funhouse

OK.... So I came on to the thread to get my "funhouse" fix and....I come to find something off.... Where is everyone???? The last post was two days ago! What has happened? Where has everyone gone? What am I missing..?
  2. DanSReef

New Hybrid LED - T5 Light Coming Out!

Hi Al. Good Question. The T5's do have U shaped individual reflectors. I agree with you....the colors with LED and T5 combined are much richer than I have seen with LED alone. I also think there is some greater flexibility with all of the T-5 combinations that you can have. Time will tell if...
  3. DanSReef

Sorry for the delayed response..... I was traveling the last couple of days on business. The fixturers do have fans. In fact.... when I read your post... I had to wait to get home to actually look and listen. Frankly I had not heard them at all since I got them. The fixture is just now...
  4. DanSReef

Fair question.... Please note that I have a tank that is 30" high....as opposed to a normal 24" and that I am 10 1/2 inches above the water. If I was say 6" above water on a 24" deep tank....then I would expect much higer numbers on the bottom. Also....something to note... I am bare bottom. So...
  5. DanSReef

Oh Yeah..... LOL even better!
  6. DanSReef

Nice.... That would be pretty cool........
  7. DanSReef

Hi Ben. Yes the moons are programmable over night and through out the day. I run mine at one level until midnight and then off to create total darkness from midnight to 6 am. Then the moons come on again. Is that what you are looking for?
  8. DanSReef

If I could learn how to take decent pictures...:bluenod:.. The light is definitely close to MH. You can adjust whites, blues, and colors, plus the moons all separately. So.. You can get just about anything you would like. I also will say that compared to my first LED this is like having my tank...
  9. DanSReef

OK.... Thanks to a local reefer, Crooks, I have some PAR readings of the 24" Gamma T-5 LED Hybrid over my 92 Gal Corner Bow Front. Note: the height of the tank is 30" and the front to back measurement is 36". This is at full power with my crappy camera skills. The photo stinks.... Dre... I need...
  10. DanSReef

Led lighting choice...

Hi. I think over the next several months we are going to see more and more LED fixtures coming out. As someone note before there are those who dont believe that LEDs are proven. I have seen a lot of very nice tanks with LEDs as I have with T5s, MH and combinations of these. A new combination...
  11. DanSReef

I just got this light on Thursday so no growth pictures. Will be a while yet. I also have figured out the problem I have new have been having with my tank. Too low of nutrients. The Alpha Pellet reactor has been replaced with one that won't deplete the nutrients so completely. I am still...
  12. DanSReef

Hey Matt! I think this light rocks! The on board programmability is awesome. The colors are terrific. The fans are silent. Fit, finish and function...spot on. There are a couple of minor things that I am going to provide feedback on and I am sure Gus will quickly incorporate them. From...
  13. DanSReef

Here the T5s are off as are most LEDs except two moonlights....and they are at 40%. The view is better and brighter in person....and then moon shimmer is hypnotizing. I have staring inside the tank and loving the new light. More to come!
  14. DanSReef

Also.... Note these pictures are with an old iPhone camera.
  15. DanSReef

Light with T5s on and 50% on whites, blues and colors. Light with T5s off and everything at 20% sunset. I will need to play with positioning and tilt with the light to optimize spread and coverage. More to come!
  16. DanSReef

Ok... I feel like a kid Christmas night after all the presents are open and just looking with amazement. Today Gus from Prestige-LED delivered my new T5-LED hybrid light and we installed it over my 92 gal corner bow. The light is incredible. It looks great. It is built well....and it fits and...
  17. DanSReef

Matt- I must admit..... The video was oddly entertaining. The girls are nice. But the dude can dance a whole lot better than this FMAG...... Fat Middle Aged Guy.
  18. DanSReef

Hey Matt.... It has been a while since I have stopped by your thread. I hope all is well for you and the gang here. I was reading a story on Advance Aquarist and could not help but think of you and some of your troubles watering your carpet. Just Imagine.... 13,000 gallon aquarium...
  19. DanSReef

Labor Day Sale

Hey Matt. They are doing well. I am waiting for my final setup.... I hope. An LED / T5 set up by Prestige LED. I am hoping they will be here next week. Hey JJ... Dude I am ready for your sale. Let's do this!!!!
  20. DanSReef

Labor Day Sale

Awesome! I think it is time for some of your cool stuff to make their way into my tank!