Search results

1. rgslady

House fire....what to do with my well established RSM250 that has to be moved???

Hi everyone, sorry for my long time absence. But I now have a real dilemma about having to relocate my rsm 250 so my floors can be repaired. I was the unfortunate victim of a house fire back on June 3rd. Most of the damage is in the bathroom where it started, but my hardwoods suffered water...
  2. rgslady

Trials and tribulations....a year of reflection....

Although I have only been at the hobby for a year...I thought it useful to share what I have learned along the way, and that maybe I can be of help to others just starting out. So here are some of my lessons learned.. 1. Equipment...you pretty much get what you pay for. If your serious at...
  3. rgslady

250 skimmer inlet seal

So yea...I have been having the dreaded microbubbles forever, but now they are out of control. Read all I could here, checked out the diagnostics chart and there is a definitive leak at the pump, skimmer inlet connection. I have emailed rsm, but didn't know if there was anything I could do in...
  4. rgslady

Is it possible to get rid of ich without going fishless in a reef system?

You guys were NOT kidding when you said the heater that came with the RSM 250 is crap. Mine died last week, lasting approx 6 weeks. I woke up one morning to find my tank at 72 degrees. I quickly grabbed the heater from my water change barrel, but the damage had apparently already happened...
  5. rgslady

Is crystal clear water possible?

Hi all... So my tanks been up for a month now. Cycled well, clean the skimmer at least 3 times a week, along the the mechanical filtration. Do a 10-15% water change weekly. All parameters are great. Amm 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate near 0, temp 78, ph 8.2, alk 11, sg 1.025. All inhabitants are...
  6. rgslady

Carbon bags in RMS 250

When assembing the unit per the instructions it said to soak "a" bag in water. But the setup came with two bags. I only soaked one and put that in. Should both bags be in the filter system??? Again, thanks for any help.
  7. rgslady

CUC compatabilities...planning ahead

I have ordered my CUC consisting of 10 turbo snails, 15 dwarf hermits, 5 scarlet reef hermits and one court jester goby. This is a pack designed for a 30 gal tank, and although mine is twice that, it didn't make sense to me to go any larger at this point in time. There is sufficient algae for...
  8. rgslady

Have the feathered, furred, and soon the fish...Christine's New RSM 250

At the suggestions of new found friends in the RSM club, here is my new 250 setup...now 19 days old... And the journey begins
  9. rgslady

Ammonia level stalled

Just wanted to know if this is normal or not. Got my RSM 250 4-6. Built 4-7, with 60 lbs. CaribSea live sand. Live, "precured" rock, Fiji, arrived and installed on 4-9....90 lbs. of it. Who knows how the rock was cured, as the only sign of hitchikers I have found are a few feather dusters on...
  10. rgslady

Hello all!

New to the crowd here, and looking forward to learning a lot. Expecting my Red Sea max 250 soon...yep...thats where the tax refund went! Have always wanted a marine aquarium and have spent tons of hours online learning what I can. Hoping to gain so much from here, and maybe make a friend or...