Search results

1. OHmariner

ID Help

Did you simply move the fish to different tanks or did you do something tricky like re-work the rock scape to throw off the fish's 'turf'? When I use to breed discus the fish would establish their 'turf' and I could re-arrange the tank, sometimes with great results. Side note: if this forum...
  2. OHmariner

ID Help

Or it has been harassed by another fish...or both...poor fishy
  3. OHmariner

Toms 75 - And So It Begins

Im currently planning on the same thing, im following this thread like a hawk!
  4. OHmariner

Fine sand substrate diatoms - seriously annoying

The diatoms should take care of themselves, If you want a quick fix you could run chemi-pure and it will almost definitely solve the problem
  5. OHmariner

Biocube intake mod?

I installed a DIY overflow that is real similar to the overflow offered by Oceanic. Making an overflow would probably be your best bet or you could get some of the plastic mesh from a craft store, its mesh used for yarn stitching (I don't know the exact terminology).
  6. OHmariner

Time lapse photography

This thread makes me want a sweet SLR camera even more...with a 100mm macro lense to top it off...they say money doesn't buy happines but I think the people saying that don't have money lol.
  7. OHmariner

To frag or not to frag my Ricordea and other mushroom?

Excellent advice everyone I highly appreciate the input. Ill try moving them around, part of my problem is that my other corals that are growing are hogging the space in my small aquarium (im planning a 75 gallon as we speak, waiting to get my new house before that expansion). As far as...
  8. OHmariner

Robzilla's 55 gallon reef tank

What area of town are you moving too? Cant wait to see the new progress
  9. OHmariner

To frag or not to frag my Ricordea and other mushroom?

Hello fellow reefers...So I have been having great luck with my aquarium. Everything is growing like crazy....except my Single ricordea mushroom and a single purple mushroom. I have heard mushrooms spread so fast they are annoying but the purple mushroom I have is the first coral I have ever...
  10. OHmariner

Zoo eating nudis

Do you have any idea how you got them? did you recently add a new coral or anything? And anyone chime in on this one, are these things ushually visible in the tanks at aquarium stores if you are buying new corals or are they ushually in egg form and you won't see them until it is too late?
  11. OHmariner

softy ID

If the coral gets better please post and update so others can learn
  12. OHmariner

Chemi pure placement

Do you have filter sock or anything to catch particle in the water? If you do, use a turkey baster and gently blow the dust off the rocks and let it go down the over-flow to the sump. IMO the best bet for you would be to use the chemi-pure in the sump with egg-crate like what was previously...
  13. OHmariner

Torching the tank... Ive had enough!

From my experience, just make sure you don't use a bare aluminum pan, Ive never seen an aluminum stock pot but if theres anything to watch for its aluminum, I got aluminum in my reef and it took a while to get my corals back to normal...If your trying to eliminate algea completely, simply...
  14. OHmariner

Fluval edge sump

You have a lot of engineering ahead of you, I have a 14 Nanocube and I added a sump to it and it was a lot of work to figure out all the nitty gritty details (and I'm a mechanical engineer). I would highly recommend you do a 10gallon tank or a nano-cube and keep the Fluval as a freshwater...
  15. OHmariner

JBJ 28 gallon heater?

I have a 14gallon Nanocube wit a sump and I have had great luck with a Marineland Stealth Pro heater (75watt), my tank is always at 80 degrees where I have it set. There is a recall on the larger stealth pro heaters but the smaller ones do not have the problem. As corrado recommends I would...
  16. OHmariner

New Fluval Edge Build

I have seen some really nice fluval edge builds, the people who had goodluck with them were very seasoned reefers so they knew their stuff. I can't easily find the post Im mentioning but I have seen several threads on a Fluval build on ReefSanctuary.
  17. OHmariner

Annoying problem with delete key...Am I the only one having this problem?!

OK so this is a problem that has been going on for a while and I have done a little bit of searching for an answer with no luck. It happens about once a week or more and it drives me nuts when it happens. :cursin: Sometimes I will be entering info into the a forum post and go to delete a...
  18. OHmariner

Keeping it clean-A life saving message

Any updates on the smoking? I had great luck with Chantix...I quit for a year...my girlfriend who was suppose to quite started smoking after two months of Chantix use...I watched her smoke 10months and finally caved after have a smoke or two when drinking and it went down-hill from there, now...
  19. OHmariner

Can you drill a tank while it is set up????

OK I'm going to type this real quick since I just typed three paragraphs about my full tank, glass drilling adventure (BTW, do any computer gurus know WHY ON EARTH my computer will go back several internet pages occasionally when I hit the backspace button?? I just had a whole post typed and...
  20. OHmariner

Can I do to much water change?

This is a great thread! I use the same salt and Im having issues with my dKH dropping too. Lets see where this goes Interesting side note: when I use to have freshwater Discus fish (some Discus people are far more 'crazy' than use reef people BTW), there were a lot of people that swore by...