Search results

1. O

Outatime's RSM 130

Will do , you dont think the strong flow in the tank would stress him do you?
  2. O

Outatime's RSM 130

Hi again Yes he seems ok, he is just hiding around the back of the rocks whilst the cleaner shrimp noses around him. Color is still a mottled brown like you said , must have been a rough ride to Florida.
  3. O

Outatime's RSM 130

Thanks again for the replys, Foxface was added to the tank on Monday but as of yet he hasn't really shown his face and he hasn't turned yellow yet, how long do you think till he settles down? Thank you
  4. O

Outatime's RSM 130

Maybe I am the only one who gets a lot of salt creep then? Foxface ordered and will be delivered tomorrow..can't wait, I love this fish, might later be my first new addition to my RSM250 :) Was due to leave to England today but thanks to volcanic ash that's not going to happen!
  5. O

Outatime's RSM 130

PS: Am I the only person who has used silicon all around the outside black trim on there RSM to stop salt creep? I have a couple of other spots but its really stopped it well, used to have creeps grow over a couple of days in different spots but I ran a really thin line of silicon and its...
  6. O

Outatime's RSM 130

Thank you Jimmy, I was suprised with how well the rock and everything cleaned up, took me a good couple of days on and off but we got it done :) I will have a read through your thread when I have five minutes, love to see how others are getting on! I will definitly go with the FF when I get...
  7. O

Outatime's RSM 130

I used to have a FF in my big tank years ago and loved it, do you think its worth a shot? Anyone know where I could buy a small FF online? Thanks
  8. O

Outatime's RSM 130

Hi again Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this, I have been looking for my camera but can't lay my hands on it right now, best I have is my iphone but its really not good enough for a close up photo. Good news is the tank has been going well, fish good, parameters good but the...
  9. O

Outatime's RSM 130

ok back again, got the issues I had with mb's taken care of last night so now I can concentrate on the tank again. I have a brown algea thats covering the rocks right now, the sandbed seems ok maybe because of the flow I have but I do have a green hair type algea also growing on the rocks...
  10. O

Pump for 1/15 Chiller on RSM130

Thanks again for your help Tom, finally got the bubble issue fixed last night, think it was the pump and fittings.
  11. O

Microbubbles in your RSM? Check here!

Hi guys ok I fixed the issue somehow, I took the chiller fittings apart and used the white tape on all the connections, put it together again to still find some air, then I picked up the pump and suddenly it got worse so I tightened the pump connections and gave it a shake and a lot of mb...
  12. O

Hi again Just to follow up from my post above, I have been playing about with my setup tonight, first I moved the pump in/out to the front of the tank....still bubbles. Then I eleminated the chiller and the bubbles have stopped! So the MB are coming from my skimmer, anyone ever had...
  13. O

Thanks Terry, makes sense but when I have all the pumps running and I look behind the tank where the chiller pipes return into the water I can see the micro bubbles in the back of the tank. When I turn off the powerheads and watch the chiller pipes the MB just vanish like they never existed...
  14. O

Hi Terry This is really tough to try and get my head around but right now with the chiller pump off I don't get any MB, with the chiller pump on and the powerheads off I don't get any MB. With pump on and both powerheads on I get MB and they appear to come from the chiller return pipe, I...
  15. O

Hi Guys I have a microbubble problem I need some help with please, when my chiller is on I get MB but when I turn it off as well as my two power heads in then the bubbles clear up and I can turn the chiller back on and then the powerheads and it will fine fine for about 25 mins and then it...
  16. O

Hi ok new pump installed, flow is great and I am very happy with it but I have a bad microbubble problem. I just can't stop it, it can't be the pump as this is the 2nd pump its been doing it on now. Can't be sucking air from inside the chiller can it? Surly it would be leaking if it...
  17. O

Outatime's RSM 130

Hi All Purchased a cleaner shrimp for the tank yesterday from my LFS, also purchased some copepods to start that going as I would love to keep a mandarin one day. Whilst I was there I picked up a MJ1200 and today swapped it out for one of my stock pumps as per the...
  18. O

Hi again and thanks for your time with my issue Tom. There seems to be some confusion on the flow that this chiller needs, I have read some times and they are claiming flow between 300 and 600 gph like on this site Current USA 1/15 HP Prime Mini Chiller - Dual Stage (2680) Chillers But...
  19. O

Thank you Tom for all your hard work, I actually picked up a Danner Mag-Drive Supreme 2 250 GPH Water Pump today at my LFS but on closer inspection I am not 100% sure its what I need? Its really big and looks like a pond pump, its got a threaded end and the pipe from my chiller to the pump...
  20. O

Hi Tom I would be suprised if it was the pipe as I have hose clamps on them to keep them tight so I just don't know right now, I would like to rid my cabinet of the voltage converter though. I checked out the Current website and they are looking at a flow of about 100 to 350 gph. Any...