Search results

1. Thespivster

Live rock ranch???

If a vendor isn't a sponsor, they don't deserve recognition? Wow. The name of this forum should be caged to Sponsor Feedback so we won't mess up again... Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  2. Thespivster

candycane what is it doing?

Are you topping off with salt water? If so that's the reason for the high salinity. When water evaporates, the salt does not...you should top off with fresh water.
  3. Thespivster

Little yellow guys...

I hope so too. They just don't look like anemones. Their tentacles are all along the edge, not all along the top. They haven't grown at all. They don't exhibit anything that I can see regarding majanos. Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  4. Thespivster

Little yellow guys...

I have 2 aphasia in the tank right now and I'm just waiting for the 2 peppermints to find and eat them. These little guys have remained small (2mm) and have not actively reproduced. I will try to get a better picture tonight. Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  5. Thespivster

Little yellow guys...

Ok. I thought majanos were a little bigger. These little guys are only 2mm across. The tentacles are only along the edge. If they are, I should be looking to zap 'em right? Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  6. Thespivster

Little yellow guys...

Anyone have an ID on these little guys...I probably have 20 about my tank...each is about 3mm in diameter...they aren't multiplying fast or anything like that...tank has been up for over a year. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/OkMo_LDX-5tm6BdxOLDe2g?feat=directlink Thanks in advance! -Greg
  7. Thespivster

Items for sale

Light, skimmer and possibly the rack sold pending payment. Thank you!
  8. Thespivster

Items for sale

Added prices to the initial post. Thanks for looking!
  9. Thespivster

Items for sale

The sump is NOT a thing of beauty...one silicone line is black...my mistake...picked up the wrong tube...but she's solid...there are three chambers...intake/skimmer...fuge...return...the plumbing style for this sump requires that the fuge get is intake from either a T from the return or a split...
  10. Thespivster

Items for sale

I have a couple of things to sell from my old tank if anyone is interested... 1. 20" Current USA Sunpod 1x150w MH w/ 6 lunar and 6 daylight LEDs. (14k bulb is 8mo old) - $125 2. 17 gallon sump/fuge designed specifically to fit in an Oceanic Biocube 29 stand. - Make Offer 3. Tunze 9002 DOC...
  11. Thespivster

Painted cabinet?

I bet it would work fine if you sprayed on a coat of primer first. Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  12. Thespivster

Aquarium Fish Int'l magazine $5/year

That's an awesome deal. Should see my first issue in 4-6 weeks! Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  13. Thespivster

Bulb question

I have a 36" Aquaticlife 6 bulb t5ho over my 60g. It came with 3 10k's and 3 actinic. colors just don't pop like i would like. If this were your light and your tank, what bulb brands and combinations of Kelvin would you buy? Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  14. Thespivster

TheSpivster's 60 Gallon Rimless Journey Begins

The RBTA is a transplant from my biocube. I've had him for 6 months and he's doing great. He's moving around daily the new tank looking for a good spot. In the meantime I just move any frags out of his way until he figures out where he wants to be... Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  15. Thespivster

Few few more startup pics. The water is almost clear today so I'll post a few more tonight. That's all for now. :-) Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  16. Thespivster

Well everything moved over fine this evening. I do hate new sand. This thing will be cloudy for days. Every time a fish swims along the bottom a little cloud of sand flies. More pics tomorrow. Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  17. Thespivster

TONS of very tiny aiptasia!!!

How about an aptasia species tank? ;)
  18. Thespivster

Here's a quick phone pic this morning of the tank with rock, sand and water after about 12 hours. Currently there is no water in the sump or any circulation. I'll start up pump etc when I get home today. Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
  19. Thespivster

Thanks for the positive comments guys!! I credit this forum for 90% of my ideas and the nano forum for 9%. The last 1% is the sock holder and I made that one up myself!!! I have some acrylic sheet so if the sock holder doesn't hold, I'll make one out of it. But it was last minute thing since...