Search results

1. aqujoe247

in-wall vs on-stand

I'm not to swift with the charts, but if you had the choice which would you rather have? If anyone has a in-wall tank, what's the cons for having a in-wall tank?
  2. aqujoe247

breaking down tank

Can you overcook LR? Will storing it for too long of a time cause other unwanted growth on it? It may be a month before the move is there anything I should do to prepare for it? Thanks Wit & Coug.
  3. aqujoe247

breaking down tank

I am moving from my condo into a house. And the is a chance I will have to move the tank into the house, then move it from it's place to tile underneath, then back when i'm finished and possibly again when changing stands. Instead i'm going to sell my clownfish, lawnmower blenny, starburst...
  4. aqujoe247

new skimmer

Thanks Lynn, we're on the same page with the technical terms. The problem is I have it HOT right now. I'm in the process of selling/buying houses so I don't want to add to the PITA of moving this. For now I guess I will let it run at night and while we're at work then unplug the skimmer when...
  5. aqujoe247

new skimmer

The PCI 220 has been running for about 2 weeks now, yesterday it filled the tank with microbubbles to the point I cant see into the tank. I adjusted the water level, check the skimmer, restarted it and still have the problem. Anyone know solution to this skimmer?
  6. aqujoe247

early outbreak

the royal gramma is swimming sideways and up side down, is this normal? If not what should I do to correct this?
  7. aqujoe247

New To The Forum

I have had nothing but great experiences with the RS family, and I hope the blessing is passed on to you. Welcome and good luck
  8. aqujoe247

Hello

Nice to have you, Welcome to the Sanctuary of Reefs. Have you been bitten by the bug yet?
  9. aqujoe247

early outbreak

Sandbed has clear of algea and PCI skimmer has started to pull out out dark tea looking liquid. I added 2 smaller snails(Nassarius?) that are supposed to clean the sandbed and 1 bigger snail(Cerith?) that went under the sandbed and has come out yet. I also removed the sandsifting starfish...
  10. aqujoe247

JKreef's 75 Gallon Project

Very nice photo and tank
  11. aqujoe247

Caulerpa whipped

I'm with Tatuvaaj, your herbs may not be able to get to the algea. How fast is it growing back, maybe to fast for the herbs to keep up with? How often are you doing water changes? Has any of your chaetomorpha died off?
  12. aqujoe247

Shameless Plug

Nice corals, what kind of lighting are you running?
  13. aqujoe247

LFS today...

sorry to hear about your tank. good luck
  14. aqujoe247

Tall mushrooms

I keep my shrooms on the sandbed because they open up the most down there
  15. aqujoe247

lighting times

I have a 260wt PC, the actnics come on at 1p.m.-9p.m. & the 10k come on 2-8p.m. Also my moonlights come on from 9p.m.-6a.m.
  16. aqujoe247

My hole in The Wall Tank

Glad to have inspirational people join the family. Nice work on site and tank. Welcome to RS.
  17. aqujoe247

early outbreak

Thanks Boomer. I wasn't sure if it was considered a new tank if everything came from a existing tank. Cheeks the flow should have been stronger now that I think about it. This explains all the buildup that I couldnt scrub off. The first three days my ammonia and nitrates went up so I did a...
  18. aqujoe247

early outbreak

Hey Gina, did you and Mark ever find out if it was a bacteria problem in your tank? Have you since been able to keep corals?
  19. aqujoe247

early outbreak

Everthing was transferred from my 55g except the 25-30lbs of LR that was in a seperate 10g, it came from a tank that crashed which is why I cooked it for 3 months. I read in the KB that even cured rock could start a minor cycle, because some bacteria could die off when taken out of water...
  20. aqujoe247

early outbreak

Starting to get diatoms on the sand and P/H flow nozzles. I believe its from the L/R that I added, which had been cooking for 3 mos., but there was alot of die-off I couldn't scrub off. How bad of a cycleis my tank is going through? I put a phosphate remover sheet even though it tested-0.