Search results

1. zoidberg

Upgrading the tank.......

Thanks for all the input so far. The base rock is dry. Its very nice looking rock too. Haha I was thinking about it, I couldn't decide between the two but I got a good deal on the 75, just waiting for it to come in. I can keep the old tank up for a few days, it would be in the way...
  2. zoidberg

Upgrading the tank.......

Hey everyone, It's been awhile since I posted anything. I've been standing back and reading the post instead of making them. It's time to upgrade. I'm upgrading from my 40 breeder to a 75 gallon with built in overflow. I've read the various post on upgrading reef tanks but I would still...
  3. zoidberg

Merry Xmas!

Merry Christmas Everyone
  4. zoidberg

40 Gallon Tank Cycle

Well I checked the tank today. The Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrates all came back 0. What does that mean? I thought toward the end of the cycle the Nitrates would skyrocket. Which would signal the end of the cycle, You do a water change, and every buddy is happy.:yup: I'm not in a hurry...
  5. zoidberg

40 Gallon Tank Cycle

Updated results, I don't know to be happy or confused..... I've been doing my tests 12/19 ammonia was .25, Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 12/21 ammonia was .50, Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 Today I tested my water again and my ammonia was 0, Nitrite was 0 but my Nitrate is at 10. I'm confused, what happened to...
  6. zoidberg

LED Questions

I thought it was funny, "don't worry, we can keep our nanos" lol
  7. zoidberg

First Saltwater Tank 30G Nano ...

Agree with pimpala. lol but the tanks look good
  8. zoidberg

How deep is your sand/substrate?

I have 2 inches in my reef tank
  9. zoidberg

40 Gallon Tank Cycle

I just finished doing my tests and the ammonia had a small spike, it's at .25 So I guess the dead shrimp helped out. It's a small difference but it's a change, Now I'm excited
  10. zoidberg

So my girl friend left me

Looks good, will follow.....
  11. zoidberg

40 Gallon Tank Cycle

Thanks for the fast reply BigAl, Its a brand new test kit, I got it from Drs. Froster and Smith. The belly is missing from one of the silversides, which was whole when I put it in
  12. zoidberg

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. zoidberg

40 Gallon Tank Cycle

Hey everyone, I started cycling my reef tank last weekend. It's a 40 gallon breeder with 80lbs of oolite sand (70 in tank 10 in sump) and 80lbs of live rock and 20lbs of base rock. To jump start the cycle I have 2 dead silversides floating in a filter bag. I've tested my water every two...
  14. zoidberg

Cyano problem please help

Your PH is kinda of low, it should be about 8.2 for a reef tank. Phosphates should be 0. Phosphates is kinda of like a food for algae. Are you using RO Water? I would try to find the root of the problem. If all else fails, try Chemiclean. Believe me it works.
  15. zoidberg

20 Gallon High Sump

16. zoidberg

20 Gallon High Sump

Sorry, I didn't have a chance to reply sooner. I like your plans better. Thanks for your help. I'm going to build it tomorrow after work.
  17. zoidberg

20 Gallon High Sump

I was wondering if everyone can give some imput on my sump design. Its a standard 20 gallon high tank, to be used on a 40 gallon breeder reef tank. All the baffles will be about 10" in height Do I need the last baffle before the skimmer and return?
  18. zoidberg

40 Gallon Breeder Stand DIY

I agree and I think your right but I thought of that when I was building it. The inner part of the tank bottom where the plastic overlaps is laying on the stand. The outer part of the plastic trim is supported by the 1/2" Plywood which is screwed into the 2x4 frame. It kind of locks the tank...
  19. zoidberg

40 Gallon Breeder Stand DIY

Thanks. I did buy handles before finishing the stand. Now that the stand is finished, the handles don't go with the stand. It does need handles but just not the ones I bought. Not a big deal can add them anytime. I will take pictures of the overflow tomorrow after work and post them.