Search results

1. courterbobby

My female semi picasso jumped

Last night:cry1:
  2. courterbobby

Copperband Butterfly

I have had an aptasia problem ever since I have started my tank. Not a big problem, but I have been using aptasia-x for the past 2 months now and they always grow back... I am pondering the idea on getting a copperband butterfly to help eliminate them. What are ya'lls thoughts on this? Are they...
  3. courterbobby

Help with ICH before a fight breaks out

Alright so here is the situation. I have an 80 gallon system and have recently added a regal tang to the mix (I am upgrading to a 225 setup next week as soon as the stand if finished). As you might have know already regals are ICH magnets. I also have a sailfin and yellow tang ad well as a pair...
  4. courterbobby

Leaking Tanker Threatens Great Barrier Reef

Chinese coal ship aground in Great Barrier Reef, leaking oil - NYPOST.com
  5. courterbobby

Kordon Formalin-3 Treatment

Alright, so I have been treating my clowns with Kordons Formalin-3 for brook for almost two weeks now. While the male has vastly improved the female is now showing signs of the disease. I have them in a hospital tank with noting but an air stone and a heater. I do have the salinity low (at...
  6. courterbobby

Damsel, lunar wrasse, and red lipped blenny

I am thinking about saving these fish from a guy who is getting married and his wife told him they have to go. He is giving them away to a good home and I would like to be able to provide them with that home, but I know almost nothing about the wrasse and blenny :dunno: . I only have one fish in...
  7. courterbobby

High Salinity Dip Problems

Alright so here is the deal, I am in the middle of a water change at this very moment. I decided I was going to do a high salinity dip to drive out the d@^^* annoying clicking I have been hearing the past couple days. I did have a mantis, but I have already got rid of him. I believe the problem...
  8. courterbobby

Just for giggles who uses craigslist to get supply?

I am just curious to know how many people buy the equipment they need off craigslist? I recently purchased a 52 gallon tall tank with penguin bio wheel two mini power compact lighting and the stand for $175. Tomorrow I am going to pick up an oceanic 150 sump that has never been used for $90 bc...
  9. courterbobby

Need help asap with clown turning white

Good Morning, My partner woke me up this morning telling me that our male clown fish is not looking so good. So I got up to try and find out why. I'm not very good with fish disease, so I am hoping you all can help me out. I have noticed for the past week my male clown fish scales have...
  10. courterbobby

DIY hang on Overflow Plans

What do you guys think?
  11. courterbobby

Refugium Questions

Hello fellow Reefers, Right now I am in the beginning stages of building a DIY Refugium. While I have the design planned out, I have some technical questions that I can not seem to find scouring the web. What I am trying to do is connect two tanks via a 30 gallon refugium. I am setting up...
  12. courterbobby

Getting rid of a Mantis?

I have had my rocks going on a month now, but last week is when I noticed I had a mantis shrimp in my tank. He is now starting to kill off all of the crab hitch hikers and is starting to beat up the clams that came attached to the rocks. It is kinda annoying hearing him in there killing stuff...
  13. courterbobby

I need some advice on my molting shrimp

Good Morning, Today I woke up and found that one of my cleaner shrimp has died during molt. I have had the two for about 2 months now and has never had a problem with them. They just loved to pick food from between my fingers. Last night we added a Kent Marine product, purple tech, to aid...
  14. courterbobby

LiveRocknReef.com feedback

Greeting Everyone! I have 66lbs of live rock from liverocknreef.com. Might I say that it is EXCEPTIONAL!!! I mean the rock is just teeming with all kinds of life. The rock itself is very good rock and not coral heads. I would suggest them to anyone who is looking for LR for their system. I...
  15. courterbobby

Greeting from Kennesaw, Ga

Greetings Everyone! I have found this site very very useful in my hobby as a saltwater reefer, so I decided it was time to create a profile. To start things off, my partner and I of 2 years have decided to get into the saltwater reef hobby. I started with the Idea just on a whim because I...