Search results

1. A

The Full Tank Shot Thread!!!

Thats another colony of GSP. The aquarium is 1400 gallons , 8' from the glass to the back wall . Looking good Kate !
  2. A

Here is a updated FTS of my aquarium and some 1/3TS so you can see the corals a little better .
  3. A

Mushroom leather coral...

When I moved my corals into my new tank my large TS was attached to 3 big rocks at its base . I cut one of the rocks loose , cutting the coral as close to the rock as I could leaving about an inch round and 1/8" thick piece of flesh on the rock . That piece in 5 months is now a 3"x3" toadstool .
  4. A

Frogspawn

I have 2 baby percs hosting in my Frogspawn . There is a BTA about 10" away but I never see them in it at all .
  5. A

evad , your tank looks awsome .
  6. A

All the soft corals were from my 220 .
  7. A

Here is my FTS . Its been runnning about 5 months now .
  8. A

OT: Calling All Cats!!!

This is Chyna and Simon our choc lab . They are best buds .
  9. A

Fish Focus - Engineer Goby

I enjoyed my Engineer gobies also . I had a pair of them in my 220 for about 3 years and they had grown to over a foot long . Shortly before tearing down the 220 to move everything into my new tank they developed a taste for cleaner shrimp . Then a few weeks after starting up the new aquarium I...
  10. A

200+ B or not 200+ B

I just cured 550 LBS of LR in my sump . The aquarium wasnt ready or I would have cured it in there . I swished the rock around in a bucket of SW then put it in the sump . It took less than 10 days for amonia and nitrite to test off the scale and return to 0 .
  11. sailfin

sailfin

sailfin
  12. A

March '07 Photo Contest!

I tried to put the pic in the gallery but I coulnt get it to work . My sailfin is the only one that slows down long enough to get his picture taken .
  13. A

Pseudochromis

I had a bicolor and a purple one . I am glad they are gone . The both of them would hunt down and kill any new smaller fish I tried to add like blennies ,green chromis or gobies . I have also read they like to eat ornamental shrimp . Darren
  14. A

stocking the tank

I had a bicolor and a purple pseudo in the same tank . They got along great . Only problem was together they would hunt down and kill just about everything else I put in the tank after they were added.
  15. A

Crabs Are Evil Society

I never see my snails on the rocks , only the hermits .Seems they choose to stay on the glass . Do those of you who dont have crabs ( in your aquarium) have snails roaming the rocks ?
  16. A

Crabs Are Evil Society

I get a kick out of all you crab haters . Not that I disagree with you but its just funny . Personaly I like them . I have at least 100 small hermits and 5 or 6 emaralds . I also have a large snail population .
  17. A

The 200+ Club

220 reef , over 400 total volume . 1200 gallon project underway .
  18. A

coral gobies

I have had mine for a year and a half and have never seen him eat . He lives in my colt so I'm quessing he's getting some small pieces of food that drift into it . Darren
  19. A

Hobby or Obsession?

I quess for me it took about a year . Thats when I decided to switch from a fish only tank to a reef tank . For the last few months my thoughts have been consumed with trying to figure out where and how to put in a bigger tank . If I was not obsessed before I am now .
  20. A

Happy Birthday apjunky!

Thank you all . My wife is taking me to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner tonight . Yee haw !!!