Search results

1. GregT

LED light for RSM 250

I diy’d something similar. Kept the original rsm moonlights going too.
  2. GregT

Frustrated with the Red Sea Nitrate Pro test kit

Did you ever find it hard getting the number of drops? (My instructions say 8 drops on the bottle)
  3. GregT

Yep, I’ve been a fan of the Red Sea range so disappointed with this particular product. Will have a look around.
  4. GregT

i don’t know if it’s just me as I haven’t seen any feedback on this but the Red Sea Nitrate Pro test kit I have is impossible to consistently drip 8 drops of the A bottle! I shake the bottle from side to side for the recommended 30 seconds but time and time again when I’m squeezing I get a...
  5. GregT

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

It's been a while since I checked your hammer Glenn, HUGE!
  6. GregT

GregT's Aqua 400 (replaced my RSM250)

Thanks Glenn, Just looking back on my RSM thread and I've learnt so much along the way. Got my first frags in and caught the Emperor so full steam ahead now. Quite limited with the range of frags here after Xmas so hope to add more over the next few months. After the challenge of mounting...
  7. GregT

GregT's Aqua 400 (replaced my RSM250)

Well after 6 years of owning my RSM250, mostly in stock configuration then customised with LEDs and a sump I've retired the tank as it was starting to wear. Really enjoyed the ease and look of the RSM250 and also the RSM community. Hope to get a 650 down the track when funds (i.e. my wife)...
  8. GregT

GregT's RSM250

Thanks Glenn, It seems like forever that I had the 250. Pesky juvenile emperor is eating all my softies. Trying to catch him without tearing the tank apart
  9. GregT

GregT's RSM250

Thanks Dom - I'm looking forward to the extra space too. The new tank (was second-hand) also came with 2 sets of LEDs; one I'm unsure of the brand and the other is an Orbit with a Ramp Timer Pro. I've already decided I need to use my 300w LED unit and I'll supplement with the Orbit and Timer...
  10. GregT

chinese 120watt leds

As an alternative I researched and then purchased these chinese lights from Aliexpress and there's good reviews on the forums. MarsAqua Dimmable 300W Aquarium LED Lighting Full Spectrum LED 3W Chip For Coral Reef LPS/SPS. Very please with the results and price.
  11. GregT

GregT's RSM250

Well its time to say goodbye to this thread for now as I've pulled my RSM apart for good. I've started a new tank and will start a thread at RS for this (got a 400 litre tank and inhabitants (at a steal price with a metal frame) but do hope to get a 650 down the track still. I kept my RSM250...
  12. GregT

GregT's RSM250

Thanks Dom Very pleased although I did snap some of the rsm lens clips and one side hinge! Need to source replacements
  13. GregT

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Hi Shaun Looking forward to seeing your progress with this. Take your time, the learning curves steep - it's a marathon not a sprint and everything is done to a routine. - there's alway everyone here to to give advice and feedback. :)
  14. GregT

Colin's RSM C-250 build

Tanks looking good Colin. From your pics I couldn't tell if you retained the light cover? I've just finished my second LED mod in my 250. Only way to go IMO. Adrienne, which retailer are you takin about please? I'm in Welly.
  15. GregT

GregT's RSM250

Finally finished the wiring and install. LED unit is now wired to the original Red Sea Max main power line and timer. Original nightlights retain and switch in when the LEDs turnoff. Had to cut a hole in the top of my hood (about 2mm clearance all round) and reposition the wiring so it didn't...
  16. GregT

GregT's RSM250

This pic shows the new unit sitting in the lower half of the hood fixture. You can see how low it is with the rear flap installed. Not much needed to get it to fit, just abit of cutting the top of the hood for the dimmers. The switches won't be required as I'll be using the original rsm power...
  17. GregT

GregT's RSM250

Replacing my LEDs with a good Chinese unit. Intend to retain the stock hood, moonlights and timer and hope to finish today. New LED colours. Mixed 60d, 90d and 120d lenses. Mockup to check fit (wood cradle to check light coverage at hood depth) - old LEDs shown in the reflector still)
  18. GregT

GregT's RSM250 LEDs Mark 2

Does anyone know how to remove the factory moonlights please? I don't want to destroy them in the process. They must be replaceable? Worked out I'm able to retain these as moonlights still, but need to remove them from the metal reflector (don't need this) and relocate them back into the stock...
  19. GregT

GregT's RSM250 LEDs Mark 2

Tackled the major part of replacing my LEDs over the weekend. First was removing the RSM250 hood then looking at what I need to do to either make it fit - or ditch the hood and suspend the lights. I then Unscrewed the new LED fitting and check the contents - very tidy and different from my old...
  20. GregT

Our RSM 250 adventure

Tanks looking great and love the rockwork. Looking at the pics it looks like you have the power board running down the outside of your tank though?