Search results

1. iggyman1971

Complete reef setup for sale in Charlotte, NC

A complete 65 gallon set-up with tons of extras This is posted on RASOC.org's (reef aquarium society of charlotte) forum I would put all the information on this post but there is alot of text and pics so if you're interested just click the link below...
  2. iggyman1971

used dead sand

Calcium, Strontium & Magesium to build up any beneficial algaes that may be present with the live sand that was introduced in the early stages of curing. The Phyto to feed and allow any live animals that are on the live rock/sand introduced on the second month to survive if not multiply and...
  3. iggyman1971

used dead sand

I'm still up in the air over this. I'd planned on cleaning it well an holding it in a rubbermaid can with some big pieces of base rock (40lbs), 1 or 2 cups of live sand, current, strip N.O. 50/50 lights and frequent water changes for about 4 weeks. Then I was going to introduce about 5lbs of...
  4. iggyman1971

used dead sand

Picking up a 65 gallon this weekend. The owner thats selling the tank also has the box of southdown its about 60lbs worth he pulled from the tank over a month ago (wet bagged in a styro box) he’s throwing that in. My question is could I use it if I let it cycle in a big rubbermaid can with...
  5. iggyman1971

Tufa rock?

Has anyone ever used Tufa rock in a reeftank? I had never given it any thought until I was at skintastics yesterday. I noticed some med to large sized pieces very porous, very light and a good price. I've done a little research since and found that its a calcium carbonite structure. My...
  6. iggyman1971

buffing out light scratches on a 90 AGA

Any suggestions on how I could buff out 2 small less than an 1.25" across lightly scratched areas (looks like scotchbrite scratches, not deep). These aren't a huge deal they may not even be noticable with water in the tank. But, if I could do something about them I would. Thanks for any...
  7. iggyman1971

resealing a 90 AGA seam

Thanks for the information.
  8. iggyman1971

resealing a 90 AGA seam

I just pick up a 90 AGA all the seams look good except for one the silicone looks as though it's been scrubbed with a brush more than the rest. The edges are thin, jagged and closer to the corner than the others. I was told it didn't leak, but I'm thinking about resealing the seam from top to...
  9. iggyman1971

90 gallon MH lighting suggestions

What would be the best MH lighting set-up for a standard 90 gallon all glass that's 24 inches deep? I would like to keep SPS & Pora's on the top part of the reef and mid to lower part soft corals. Would 2 X 250 Watt 15k's 14" above the water work or is that not enough? I would like the tank to...
  10. iggyman1971

Tanks wanted within 150miles of Charlotte NC

Looking for a 75-90 gallon tank for $100 or less within a 100 miles of Charlotte, NC. A few minor scratches are OK as long as it holds water and the glass is clean or can be cleaned. I'm looking for the tank only but may be interest in stand and hood (for extra money of course) if some one has...
  11. iggyman1971

Lights

I know I'm getting in on this late, but I purchased 65w Dual PC, extra bulbs and the HOB odyssea skimmer from aquatraders.com close to a year ago. I have never had a problem with any of it. The entire order was less than $150 bucks including shipping, and it arrived with-in a week. I work for...
  12. iggyman1971

black stringy stuff coming from one group of zoos centers

If thats it, I've never seen it before. Would it be normal for most of the colony to relieve themselves at the same time?
  13. iggyman1971

black stringy stuff coming from one group of zoos centers

Just noticed some black stringy stuff coming from a small colony of zoos (see pic. Also pic has been lightend to show stringy stuff) they have been fine all other zoanthid colonies and all other coral in the tank seem fine. Any ideas or has anyone seen this before. One other thing yesterday I...
  14. iggyman1971

2 x Healthy Finger Leather coral lrg. cuttings for trade.

I have two (2) Large healthy Finger Leather coral cuttings for local trade (within NC). Both corals are 4 + inch corals with multiple branches. I would like to trade for any two (2) healthy sps, lps or soft coral frags/cuttings as long as the majority of the coral is not light pink, brown or...
  15. clown_w_xenia1

clown_w_xenia1

perc. w/ xenia
  16. rght_4in_fngr_lthr

rght_4in_fngr_lthr

rght fngr lthr
  17. hydnophora_pink

hydnophora_pink

Hydnophora
  18. devils_hand_shedding

devils_hand_shedding

Devils Hand Shedding