Search results

1. Blue Space

Goodbye to a friend of the reef hobby

I just learned of the tragic loss of Jake Adams of Reefbuilders.com. He was a true friend of the reef hobby and will be greatly missed. He was one of the most influential personalities in the hobby. He was an inspiration to me as well. Goodbye for now, friend.
  2. Blue Space

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

Hello fellow reefers! I've been eluding to the planning of a 180 gallon (in-wall) tank, complete with a fish room for a couple years now on my other threads. This has been part of a basement finishing project that was already in progress. It's going to be a slow process but I'll do my best to...
  3. Blue Space

Blue's 40G Mixed Reef

Can't seem to find my old tank chronicle so I'm just going to pick it up here during my 40g (breeder) sump upgrade. I ordered the triton sump upgrade kit and it's going to replace a 20 gal long. That'll give me more room for a roller mat filter and my skimmer in the same section. The new sump...
  4. Blue Space

Considering Neptune Systems DOS...

What do you think of the DOS? Up till now I've been using kalkwasser in my ATO to maintain calc & alk between water changes for two my nano systems. Now that I'm moving to a larger system I'm dreaming of huge colonies of sps and lps with high demands for alk/calc/ and mg... (Stop drooling!)...
  5. Blue Space

New Tools

well good morning all. i just got the hanna checker test kit from brs, cuz i'm tired of trying to guess what friggin shade of blue i'm looking at compared to the card -in any light... at any level of sobriety. It's time to for some piece of mind, knowing the actual level is what it should be...
  6. Blue Space

NeptuneSystem's Apex Aquacontroller Failure

Well, the wife and I are really bummed out. Over the past weekend my wife was out of town on business and I was down at Lake of the Ozarks with some of my old friends. My wife headed home early (out of sheer luck) due to finishing up ahead of schedule. When she arrived home she was greeted by a...
  7. Blue Space

ID Please

Can someone please ID these for me? They look shroomy to me but I'm not sure. Thanks!
  8. Blue Space

Anemone Spawn

Sorry in advance for such a washed out video (LEDs)... but I was enjoying a movie (many of you may recognize) at home with my wife when all of a sudden my bta started to "smoke". :D By the time it was finished "smoking" the tank was very cloudy. I performed a 10% WC. I currently run an...
  9. Blue Space

Quarantine: Protect Your Investment

I just got back from MACNA 2011 and let me just say it was AWESOME!!!!!!! ...!!! :D After returning home, the first thing I did (besides going through all the free stuff that I scored) was to float my bags of coral frags in my QT tank to begin the acclimation process. While doing this I...
  10. Blue Space

Can my QT handle the frag bio load?

From what I have read (various books, articles, and forums) there seems to be a difference in opinion as to how much bio load corals (in general) create. The reason why I'm asking is because I am planning on attending MACNA coming up on Sept. 9th and I plan on buying my first corals frags. I...
  11. Blue Space

And so it begins...

After two years of reading, collecting, waiting, and finally moving -I'm finally starting a reef tank. Well, kinda... I have a complete 75 gal setup that i''m going to start after I finish the basement. In the mean time, my lovely wife *agreed that it would be nice to have a smaller aquarium...
  12. Blue Space

QT For Multiple Corals?

Ok, so I am planning on purchasing as many new coral frags as I possibly can at the upcoming MACNA 2011. Possibly 15-20 frags (or however many my wife will allow :yup:). To start off with, I am aware that it's always best to QT one specimen at a time but in this scenario it will not be...
  13. Blue Space

Excited about MACNA 2011!!!

I just bought my passes to MACNA 2011! :bigbounce I'm so excited! This will be my first time. Who else from RS is going to be there? :D I can't believe some of the prizes they're going to be raffling off this year! :winner: I saw Woodstock's gift certificates on the list... Woot! :dance: