Search results

1. Blue Space

Blue's 40G Mixed Reef

yeah, the recent cold spell was just too much for the recently purchased 300w finnex, which has been fine for the past fall. My previous heater was a finnex titanium 800w, but in my genius, I thought to replace it with something that might save me in energy costs. The 300w is good up to 100...
  2. Blue Space

Blue's 40G Mixed Reef

Pro Tip: Never rely on your heater's digital reading or controller to provide you with a ballpark tank water temperature. I went in to feed the fish today only to find my favorite fishy friend resting on her side on the sand bed this morning. She was only 7 years old. Controller read 79...
  3. Blue Space

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

I haven't been doing much with the new tank over the holidays. Still saving up for the sump at this point. I probably won't do much more for lighting since whenever I've had a guest over and turn on the Radion XR30 PROs they complain that they're much to bright, lol. Of course that's when I show...
  4. Blue Space

Max s500

Wondering how the search is going... Have you seen the light, yet? ;)
  5. Blue Space

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Wish I would have studied Dutch instead of Spanish in high school now... Donde esta el bano? Sure it comes in handy during a trip to Cancun but I'd much rather give up water changes. :) Good thing for schmoogle translate - "The EZ-DSR program contains 4 ready-to-use and balanced dosing...
  6. Blue Space

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Gorgeous gonioporas as always, Glenn!
  7. Blue Space

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Me thinks so! I've got the perfect slogan for your advertisement, "Get these gonis before they're goners!" Wait, that sales pitch might need some work... :D
  8. Blue Space

GlennF's reefing heaven!

That's going to be a very nice reefscape there! I intend to do something similar in my new build to maximize flow and leaving little space for detritus to build up. Thanks for posting!
  9. Blue Space

Goodbye to a friend of the reef hobby

There was definitely something special about Jake. Not many folks I talk to fly across the world to get their coral, but he did! His knowledge, energy, and his willingness engage with fellow reefers and to share those experiences with all of us is unmatched. He had a special insight and vision...
  10. Blue Space

Steves LED issues

Hey there! :) Have you reached out to support at Steve's LED's? https://www.stevesleds.com/Contact-Us_ep_5.html
  11. Blue Space

Goodbye to a friend of the reef hobby

I just learned of the tragic loss of Jake Adams of Reefbuilders.com. He was a true friend of the reef hobby and will be greatly missed. He was one of the most influential personalities in the hobby. He was an inspiration to me as well. Goodbye for now, friend.
  12. Blue Space

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

yes, living vicariously is always a much cheaper option... plus, if something were to go horribly wrong it's relatively easy to divest. :D
  13. Blue Space

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

Thanks man! No leak test yet. I'll wait until I get the sump and plumbing in place and then start to fill the system and perform a leak test. Not sure what I'm doing for a sump yet and quite discouraged at the moment because it does look like there's going to be some delays in this department...
  14. Blue Space

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

Hung the lights today. These coral are going to pop!
  15. Blue Space

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

Washed the entire aquarium inside & out with vinegar and installed the bulkheads. Next I'll be putting up the lighting. I'm looking for a sump and have a few in mind. However, I'm restricted by the width of the stand to a mere 16 inches. I really like the Synergy Reef SK-44 but it's 2 inches...
  16. Blue Space

Nobby's S-650

When I play back the video i made back in 2010 I can relive it! Man, I need to get back in too! :)
  17. Blue Space

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

After weeks of consultation, planning, and design, Glasscages.com pulled it off! The stand fit perfectly into place and so did the the aquarium! The movers showed up this morning and after some head scratching and deliberation they were able to get the aquarium in place with the required pad...
  18. Blue Space

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

The eagle has landed! Right now the new tank is still sitting in the back of my truck, parked safely in the garage. In case you're wondering I drove home at 5 MPH under the speed limit cringing at the sight of every pothole. As far as I can tell in this light everything is still okay with the...
  19. Blue Space

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

Received a notification from the FedEx terminal that says the new tank should arrive tomorrow! I'll need to go pick it up myself. They'll load it in the back of my truck. I'm going to curse every bump in the road on the way home and will be on pins and needles until it's safely in its place... lol!!