Search results

1. P

Question on red sea c 250

Yikes, any chance that much water evaporating could cause humidity or mold issues? I've always wanted a fish room and several large frag tanks but worry about potential water damage or insurance issues. Any thoughts?
  2. P

HELP converting RSM to Planted Tank

You've done more than enough....thanks again for the info.:clink: I googled it and the only definitive thing I could find was various people that tried 65 watt bulbs and noticed it to be dimmer than the stock RSM bulbs. I think I'll just go with one 65 watt, 10k bulb and use a dead bulb on...
  3. P

All great advice! I appreciate all the effort and helpful input. I wish I knew of this site in my reef keeping days. Russbooger: I never heard of those bulbs but will look into it. I will be keeping the ceramic media and adding more sponges, Purigen, and possibly bio balls. I'd rather not...
  4. P

Thanks for the warm welcome. I understand that this tank and this forum is mostly for saltwater/reef enthusiasts. I guess my question really isn't how run a planted tank but how I could improve flow without the skimmer in place and most importantly, about what I could do to lower the light...
  5. P

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and joined specifically for this RSM owners club. It seems you all really know your stuff!!:bow: I have a RSM 130 that I'd like to convert to a freshwater planted tank but need some advice.:help: I called Red Sea and they said I should just ask other owners...