Search results

1. fellers

Please help find cheato and pods...?!?

Evening folks. I have a refugium setup and ready to go for chaeto to get more pods exploding in my tank. But I can not find it in stock selling it with pods etc... Can someone please help guide where I might find it please. I have a good of pods amount now; in the live rock, but it is imperative...
  2. fellers

I need some help with a biocube hqi 29... please read

Hello folks. I apologize now if this is the wrong forum. But I need help and wasnt sure. I was/am a member here for some years now. But I have been gone for 3. I was called back up to serve again after being done with the army. I eneded up serving another 18 months in afghanistan with my Ranger...
  3. fellers

Help with blue throat trigger

On my male blue throat tigger's eyes their is something going on that I have never encountered before. It is not on any other fish in the tank. Although the female trigger is fading in color and becoming very sluggish and stopped eating ... His left eye has what looks like a tiny blue ring in...
  4. fellers

Whats up with my BT Triggers eyes?

On my male blue throat tigger's eyes their is something going on that I have never encountered before. It is not on any other fish in the tank. His left eye has what looks like a tiny blue ring in the middle of the eye. The right eye has a more blue clouded look to it...? Can anyone diagnose...
  5. fellers

Any idea what might be going on here???

I did a water change 5 days ago 30% do it every 2 wks. On this change I replaced my purigen and chemi pure elite. I also removed half of the ceramic bio thingys as instructed to do, Said it was a nitrate trap. However their is this brownish kind of olive green substance growing on the sand. It...
  6. fellers

Toadstool Question

I have a toadstool in my tank that has been in there for around 11 months. It grew from 4 to 8 inches when fully opened and always looked extremely healthy. It pouted here and there. But it has been potting most of 3 days now and I am noticing some decaying or rot in a couple spots on the outer...
  7. fellers

Creatures of the night

Hey folks. I am looking around trying to find some reef safe creatures that come out at night. Kind of get bored watching amphipods. What are some cool things that I can put there that are active at night. My emerald crab comes but big wooo, lol
  8. fellers

Bag of ceramic tubes in rsm 250

Do I need the bag of ceramic bio thingys :) Is their something better I can put in there? I put my chemi pure elite and purigen above that bag sitting on the rack. But that does not seem like it is getting the best flow. What do you guys with this situation? What is the best thing for me to do...
  9. fellers

Keeping amphipod and copepod population up...

I steadily add amph and copepods to my tank. Well about every 2 months. The other day I added the 1000 that I got from reefs2go; which were all thriving. I introduced them to the Dt with the main filtration off and one mp20 running slow as possible. They had from midnight to 12:30 pm to...
  10. fellers

would this be a wise decision...?

I have a RSM250. Reef tank. I have a male and female blue throat trigger, a pair of mated percula clowns, 1 small spotted mandarin, A very small YWG with a 3/4" tiger pistol.. The clowns never leave their sacred little area. Anyhow the top of the water column is pretty empty. So I was thinking...
  11. fellers

what are the most relyed upon test kits in the marine trade today?

I want to buy all new test kits. I would greatly appreciate some info on what brand/type of test kits to get that is Thee Absolute pinnacle of performance. Could you please list exactly every single test I would need for every possible parameter test in my tank. I would especially love any...
  12. fellers

I'm scratching the inside of my tank... Advice Plz

I have the RSM250. The tank is all glass with molded seamless rounded corners. I have noticed today that I have some scratches around the bottom of the tank where I scrape hardened algae off with a new razor blade every time I do it. I obviously would appreciate no more scratches in my tank ya...
  13. fellers

Finally starting to see my Vision...

That is what my wife said to me after 8 months of battling red slime. One complete breakdown and selling of all fish to restart with sand and a new RO/DI unit. Cleaned the entire tank to better than new, cleaned the LR all new sponges, media, etc. ER Skimmer. New pumps, power heads,etc :) So...
  14. fellers

Is this ok for my crocea?

I put a flat piece of live rock under the sand and placed the clam a tiny bit down into the sand above the rock. After a few days it attached to the rock. Now my orange diamond spotted goby decided to make a den right behind the clam and is blowing the sand around the clam shell . It is burrying...
  15. fellers

Peppermint shrimp babys released right in front of me.

I was feeding the tank last night with all current stopped. All of a sudden i seen this cloud of tiny little moving creatures. Upon closer inspection they looked like tiny tiny little shrimp moving around. Then another cloud came out. To bad I didnt have my video camera on hand. Once I turned...
  16. fellers

Anyone name their clams?

I have a pretty funny story to some; of the name of my clam. I was goofing around with my 4 yr old son and told him a "pet" name for the clam. Well I never thought it would be repeated by him as I only said it once. But yesterday some friends stopped over. I was up in the kitchen while my son...
  17. fellers

Very timid Yellow Watchmen Goby

I added a YWG along with a tiger pistol. They are both pretty small little dudes. But the YWG is very shy , never leaves his burrow except for a couple of inches. He has been in the tank for around 4 months. I squirt food in thier burrow but I have no idea if they are eating it. Every now and...
  18. fellers

WTB Zoas Generously priced

I am looking to buy some colorful zoas. Nothing with a "cool name" that jacks the price rediculously high. :rocket: Just hoping a person feels generous enough to frag me a decent sized, or any sized colony of zoas for that matter for a good price. If I had it I would share the wealth. Guess it...
  19. fellers

why zoos so expensive... help a veteran out here boys...

I have all the fish I will ever add to my tank in it now. I have been looking for some really colorful zoanthids that are of decent size and of fair price. Around where I live the shops don't get anything really good at all. Tell me they can get it but then say they cant. Same run around every...
  20. fellers

Cause I'm a country boy, i nedd a clam ID.

I think this is a Croces or something. Was told it was a bursa that I never heard of and you cant them anymore. Well that was BS. Especially if this is a crocea which I believe it is. Anyhow my question is how could their be another living 1/2" clam living on the shell of my big one. It looks...