Search results

1. 1

Live Rock For Fragging

just break off the tips of the plugs, those frag plugs are really easy to break up.... i just get a pair of pliers and mash them up
  2. 1

WANTED Brain Coral, Lobophyllia RED

I have an orange/red chalice, and I'm in valdosta... I could probably hook you up with a piece of that red lobo as well. buddy has a rainbow red/green and an orange red lobo
  3. 1

New Tang - Uv Sterilizer

Uv sterilizers are g2g, keep ich and certain algaes at bay
  4. 1

Aquatraders Fiasco

another thing i'd recommend, go to harbor freight, get a wattmeter that measures current draw. test all of your plugs to see how many watts your fixture is pulling... each MH bulb if it's 2x250 should pull 265 watts from the wall (some is lost in translation) so if both are on the same cord you...
  5. 1

FS: XL Mummy Eye Chalice

6"x4" Emerald Mummy Eye chalice FS $200 + shipping (your choice, probably around $25-30 for USPS Express (overnight) or $40-50 for UPS/Fed-ex Overnight). Shipping will be top notch, I use styrofoam walled corrugated packaging, double-bagged in 2-3mil shipping bags with 40 hour heat pack. This...
  6. 1

My 90G Reef Build & Blog

Chaeto is a lifesaver in this dept. Keeps nitrate/phosphates naturally low without running them TOO low... I still use chemi-pure elite, poly-filter, or GAC 1-2x a month for 3-4 days, or whenever I get a little bloom... Excellent choice on the lighting and flow... those twin mp40's will make...
  7. 1

My 90G Reef Build & Blog

What bulb combination are you using? ALSO what are you gonna do with that extra space on the end of the stand? Prop tank?
  8. 1

FS: Current USA Sunpod 24" 250w

yeah USPS has sat. delivery standard as well, it's really just the tracking features and i've had bad experiences with usps... only w/ parcel post though.
  9. 1

Free Bristle Worm if wanted...

dont' we all have tons of these?
  10. 1

Chalice coral growth

yeah they encrust, they actually grow differently depending on how they are positioned... if you have them flat I believe they tend to plate, if they are vertical (on side) they encrust.
  11. 1

Hydor Koralia Evolution

get a vortech mp20.
  12. 1

inverts negative impact?

for the most part they have a positive impact. the big issues with inverts are when they start eating the wrong stuff. like your fish/other inverts/corals. inverts usually scavenge leftovers so they actually "soften" the bioload, by incorporating some of that into their growth they reduce...
  13. 1

what needs better water quality?

personally I think nems are harder to keep, depends on the nem and the sps tho. SPS aren't as hard to keep as most say, nems i think are more sensitive to water parameters, while it seems like SPS are generally more demanding of light and flow.
  14. 1

zoos melting NEED HELP

to me this is a seems like a case of them not taking as frags and/or not surviving shipment. they were doomed before they got in your tank is my guess, unless you run unusual pH or alkalinity, which is about all i could see affecting them this rapidly and completely, or you could have those...
  15. 1

zoos melting NEED HELP

to me this is a seems like a case of them not taking as frags and/or not surviving shipment. they were doomed before they got in your tank is my guess, unless you run unusual pH or alkalinity, which is about all i could see affecting them this rapidly and completley